Young Writers Society

James Mooney

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu May 31, 2012 1:52 pm
JamesMooney says...

Chapter 1
The Boy and the Flash
The snow trickled from the sky as soft as feathers, it was as white as pearls and landed on the icy roads, bells from the church began to ding and dong people where singing. The streets filled with amazing lights flickering green and red but something terrible was about to happen.
All the houses had lights on them, all but one. Suddenly a flash of Purple flew out from the house with a zapping noise. A scream slowly following. People gazed with amazement. A white light flickered and dust came from the back of the house. It began to fall.
The house crumbled into itself. People began to scream running away. An old woman just appeared. She walked into the crumbling house then a fire began to erupt, smoke filled the whole street. The old woman wearing a sapphire cloak and an emerald green hat, she was very wrinkly and had bright orange eyes. The old woman was clutching something under her cloak.
It was a baby, a baby boy in fact, with dark blue eyes, its face as red as a tomatoes. It screamed at the top of its lungs then old woman began to sing a song to the baby and it calmed it down. A light papered in the sky, it slowly came down, the old woman looked scared and she vanished leaving a smoke trail in her path that slowly faded in a matter of seconds.
The light landed in the streets it looked to the house, flicked its hand, and blew it up. The house shot up into the sky and left a mushroom cloud. The figure laughed and walked off into the distance.

The old woman was standing in the middle of the dark cold streets of norley drive. It was very quiet for being Christmas day but it was a little late so everyone must have been in bed. Another woman much younger than the old one began to walk down the street. This young woman was beautiful she had silky soft skin, her eyes where as green as emeralds, just like her cloak, she smiled to the older woman saying "Hello Mother"
The mother replied "Hello Helga"
Helga gave her mother a smile but that smile left as soon as it came as she looked down to the baby boy "So it’s true?" Whispered Helga "He killed her?"
Tears would stream down Helga’s face. "That filthy horrible man, how did she ever love him?" Helga shouted, with anger in her eyes. The old woman whispered "Its okay Helga, I know you’re sad but the best thing we can do is to find this poor guy a home."
Her daughter replied sharply "What about me!?"
Her mother looked confused "Your only 20," she said, "Are you sure?"
Her daughter replied "Yes I am one hundred percent!" The mother placed her arms above her daughters and gently placed the baby into the attractive young woman’s arms, she gently hushed down to the baby as it began to wake up "What’s he called?" asked Helga,
"James." replied her mother. The young woman smiled, kissed the boy, nodded to her mother, and vanished. The old lady smiled wiped down her cloak and also vanished into the air leaving only the whip of the wind sharply passing by the trees.
Ten years has passed since the night of the attack and young James was now 12 years old. Helga came running up the stairs with a large plate filled with Sausages, Bacon, Egg, Toast and Beans. She knocked on the door; a groan was on the other side. "Get up you have to get ready we will be leaving in two hours!" shouted Helga.
"I'm up!" shouted James. The door clicked open and James was lying in the bed fast asleep. Once again Helga pulled out her wand aimed it to James and gave it a harsh flick. There was a sound of a whip and James shot up into the air with a loud scream "OUCH!!" screamed James "That hurt!" Helga just smiled, placed the plate on his desk, and walked out the door.
A few seconds later James got dressed, shoved his food down his mouth, ran into the bathroom and began to clean his face. He looked up. James was a skinny kid but very tanned, he had dark blue eyes, his hair was jet black and spikey but messy at the same time. He gave himself a big cheeky grin and slide down the stair banister. He grabbed his coat on the back of the door.
"Come on let’s go!" He shouted to Helga "I want to get my wand!"
Helga replied "Okay I am coming calm down!" Helga quickly sprinted to get her jacket. Walked out the house and locked the door. She placed her hand out and her broom came to her. It was a simple broom, she had charmed herself. She then placed James on it and flew off into the sky.

this is not the whole of chapter one :smt003

Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic