z

Young Writers Society

Review my two new stories?

Reviews: 3
Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:40 pm
RomanceWriter says...

I added two new stories yesterday The Governess and Algor and I would really appreciate it if someone could review them for me. Please can someone help me out?
-Romancewriter

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:40 am
Cspr says...

Small suggestion: Maybe put them in parts? I was all for reviewing them, but they're so long. :shock: Maybe if it were summer or if I didn't have a cold/sore throat, I might try and sit down and read them.

I hope you find someone who will sit down and read them, of course. I'm just assuming many others have a hard time making such a bit commitment when they're not sure if: a) they'll like it, b) it'll have a satisfying ending, etc.

Also, it'll take them a while to make a good review of it, it being so long. It's also a short story, not a novel, so it's sort of a surprise when you're like, "Whoa. This is, like, 5k or so. I was expecting a little less."

So, yeah. If you can break it up into parts, or acts, or whatever else, that'd be lovely, I think, for your ability to get more reviews.

I might even take a swing at it if I can take fifteen minutes or so to read and review.

Fast paced world and all.

Again, good luck with that.

-Casper
My SPD senses are tingling.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 am
Twit says...

Hi RomanceWriter!

This isn't the way the Review for Food forum works. If you take a quick look around, you'll see that people make threads here to offer their reviewing services. If you want a review, you can request one in someone's thread, but don't make a thread to request reviews yourself. ^_^

It's also a good idea to include a link to the stories in question, as trawling through someone's portfolio looking for them is a real drag. Cspr also makes some good points. Posting in short and sweet chunks is best. Reading something on a screen takes more effort than reading it on a page, so you'll get far more responses to something shorter, maybe about 1000 words.

Post a request and link in my Review thread once you've taken these suggestions into account, and I'll be happy to take a look!

-twit
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

"Now I realize that there is no righteous path, it’s just people trying to do their best in a world where it is far too easy to do your worst."
— Castiel