z

Young Writers Society

I Like Food :)

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:04 am
stargazer9927 says...

Alright, so I've never done this before but I'm going to test it out.

I'm EXTREMELY picky about what I'll review. I could never be an editor for that reason because I only like to read certain things.

What I'll review:
Any type of reality fiction novel/short story (I prefer works dealing with troubled teenagers but I could do any type really, I just won't enjoy reading it as much)
Non-fiction (I'm not too picky, just as long as it's not super long and boring; oh, and having a meaning is very important)

What I won't review:
Fantasy (sorry, but I'm one of the few people in this world that say they don't care for fantasy)
Novels that start in the middle (If you must have me review one of these, I'll need a detailed recap)
Anything that is dragged out too much (I'm a simple writer and I hate reading things that are long and dragged out; if you're one of these writers, sorry but I can't review for you)

It depends:
Poetry (I'm not too picky, but I'm not a fan of poetry that makes no sense or isn't enjoyable to read)
Romance (There are very few romance things I'll read, but I've come across a few of them; just a note, I will not review teenage drama)
Adventure/sci-fi (no horrible battle scenes or too much shooting please)

I know, I sound a bit cranky and way too picky, hence the reason I've never posted one of these before. But if you have something that meets the guidelines, ask away :D
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell