z

Young Writers Society

C's review emporium

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:11 pm
Chirantha says...

Welcome to the C's Emporium, :D

I know I had my thread a while back but I got so busy with my studies that I couldn't even visit the site. But this time, I'm back for good and I intend to review just about anything (I hope) that is thrown at me.

My overall reviewing style is giving overview at first, then going over to the general mistakes made in the story. Then I comment on the plot. But my main focus is on descriptions and character descriptions. Then about the title and anything else I want to add, I'd add it at the end of the review. Anyway, you'll see how I review once I review. :wink:

Can review

:arrow: Action / Adventure
:arrow: Fantasy
:arrow: Science Fiction (but I won't be able to review it if it is too serious)
:arrow: Romance (I'll try my best, because this is not my area of expertise. Not even in real life :wink: )
:arrow: Fan Fiction (I'll have to know the story it's based on, but you really want me to, I could go over the general story without going into the plot.)
:arrow: Poetry (I'm not a big poetry person, but I'll do my best)

I'll also review novels if you want me to. But give me some time, because I would have to review each and every chapter.

Cannot review

:arrow: Historical Fiction
:arrow: General Fiction
:arrow: Lyrics
:arrow: Scripts

Might be able to review

:arrow: Arts and Photography (I'll try my best, but don't expect a great review, because I have little experience in reviewing these.

If the story or poem is so complex that only the author can understand it, I won't be able to review it

The cost is a cookie per review :D

Alright, let the reviewing begin!
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

233 Reviews

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:24 pm
View Likes
Chirantha says...

Oh come on... No one yet? :(
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:01 pm
polinkacreations says...

Waaaait, there's meee :D
So, I thought your previous reviews of my novel were very useful, so would you mind reviewing the 3rd and 4th chapters?
They clarify a lot of things about the narrative, and also I did some experimenting with the way I write, and I would very much appreciate a review from you :)
topic88721.html - chapter 3
topic88767.html - chapter 4

Thanks in advance;)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:21 am
Searria H. says...

*hand payment up front*
Hey, C! Would you mind taking a look at this for me when you get the chance. I warn you that it's a little darker than what I normally write. :twisted:
Thanks,
-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

233 Reviews

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:24 am
Chirantha says...

Thanks for requesting. Thought this thread was going to die unnoticed.

I'll look at all three right now.

Edit - Polink: All Done :D
Searria: Done, nice story by the way.
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

233 Reviews

Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:07 pm
Chirantha says...

No one? I'm sad... :(
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:01 pm
Twit says...

*gives cookie*

This is my baby. When finished, it'll be, like, six chapters or so, and it's at four chapters right now. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love some fresh eyes on it, as it's gone through a fair bit of editing. :)
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:50 pm
Audy says...

Chirantha,

I've just made a batch of delicious sugar cookies too! ^_^

So, it's just a fun little poem. Mostly, I'm just hoping it's enjoyable/makes sense. You be the judge, yeah? :)

topic89047.html

Thank you :) Really appreciate it.

- Audy

233 Reviews

Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:47 pm
Chirantha says...

*Takes cookies and smiles*

Alright, I'll review them.

Twit - I'm sorry I didn't see that you posted yesterday, please forgive me. I'll review it as soon as possible. I'm kinda busy at the moment as I have a physics test in two days. :D But, I swear I'll review it.
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

233 Reviews

Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:00 pm
Chirantha says...

Audy - Poem reviewed :D

Twit - Chapter 1 reviewed
Chapter 2 reviewed
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:07 pm
Rydia says...

Hai! Okay, so a long time ago I said I'd ask you for a review, but I ended up not finishing that piece of writing because I'm such a good procrastinator ;)

Anyway, I have something for you now, if you'd care to review it: post930261.html#p930261

It is general fiction, or 'horror' to be more specific, so I don't know if you'll want to? But anyway, I thought I'd ask and then leave it up to you :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

233 Reviews

Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:30 am
Chirantha says...

Ooh, horror. I'll definitely review it then. :D
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

233 Reviews

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:00 pm
Chirantha says...

Kitty15 - Done. Sorry for the lateness.

Any more?
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:02 pm
polinkacreations says...

Hey there:) *hands over a huge, crunchy chocolate cookie*

I have a poem for you! It's romantic, but not very complicated. Honestly ;)
viewtopic.php?t=89852
Thanks in advance!
polly xx
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

233 Reviews

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:12 pm
Chirantha says...

Polink - Poem reviewed.

Anymore? :D
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore