z

Young Writers Society

Mustard's condiments all over your Art

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:48 pm
MeanMrMustard says...

Hi people, very simple layout. You're coming to me for a reason I assume. I will be upfront and say that I encourage dialogue between myself and you, in reviews. Those are the expectations between us, which vary with out interest and the nature of the work. What I will actually review though...

Poetry, Novels, Novellas, Chapters, Music, Sheet Music, Art, etc. Anything (EXCEPT for web design, coding, computer graphics...I don't trust my lack of expertise). I've a background in the arts and have a very firm grasp of the schools of thought, criticism, and on. I can read music and write it and sound like your professor; the difference is that I'm not stuck up in those towers of theirs and am just like you.

You can expect me to be as analytical as you desire, however, I will always look at the body of work and attempt to find what it is and then what it doesn't do. I don't pamper, I don't mollycoddle, nor do I tell you you're crap. My goal is to help you do what you ask for and help you improve.

If that's what you like, then send me a message or post in here. One thing at a time. If I happen to review something other than the work you requested I most likely didn't make a mistake, but am preparing to do the one you asked (this means I'm getting a feel for who you are or have done; don't expect it though).

IF, I owe you a review or have said I'd do one in the past, and by gosh, have never done it, remind me here. Please, I don't like to be a jerk like that. :smt001
Last edited by MeanMrMustard on Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:21 pm
Ego says...

This a polite reminder.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

562 Reviews

Reviews: 562
Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 pm
Button says...

Lookee here, you're already in high demand

If you have the time-- it's a poem, and to just warn you, it's a wee bit long. Thanks!

159 Reviews

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:13 am
MeanMrMustard says...

Duly noted both of you. I will message you when I have finished the reviews or am in the process of doing so.

159 Reviews

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:56 pm
MeanMrMustard says...

Buscador review is finished. Persephonia's will be done today.

159 Reviews

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:39 am
MeanMrMustard says...

Poem has been reviewed for Persephonia. Any and all comers, I am happy to serve.

Anyone who has been reviewed by me is welcome to ask questions, debate, or have me look at new drafts. Just give me links! :smt001

562 Reviews

Reviews: 562
Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:26 pm
Button says...

Oh Gosh I'm lame. I am now two-thirds of the people here.
Please don't hate me.
Anyways. I have this crazy little piece right here and I'm not entirely sure what to do with it.
I was hoping that's where you could come in.
However, if you don't feel like it, s'all good.
Thanks either way. c:

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:40 am
Kale says...

Have fun with this. :P
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

159 Reviews

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:42 pm
MeanMrMustard says...

Persephonia & Kyllorac reviews taken into account, will get to them shortly.

159 Reviews

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:18 pm
MeanMrMustard says...

Perse review done, Kyllorac next.

159 Reviews

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:37 am
MeanMrMustard says...

This is closed as of now. I will re-open it in the future.

159 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:57 pm
MeanMrMustard says...

Kyllorac review is finished. Ready for newcomers, the review stop is back open.

Random avatar

Reviews: 313
Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:29 pm
TylynRae says...

Hey there. Here is a link to my new short story titled Sinews. I'd greatly appreciate a review. Thanks =] topic79478.html
TylynTyrannosaurus<3 (tydecker777)

170 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 170
Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:54 pm
Boolovesyou says...

Hey I wrote this short story. It'd be awesome if you'd review it. Heres the link!
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post850247.html#p850247
Milestiba uzvar visu, Milestiba ir upuris.

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:01 am
View Likes
Flower~Child says...

Will you review my poem? post850763.html#p850763
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien