z

Young Writers Society

[Insert witty title nobody else has thought of]

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:27 pm
Azila says...

Hullo, all!

At popular Skins's demand, I'm re-vamping this thread. You probably know the drill: if you want a critique, tell me so here -- just make sure to post the link, so I can find it.

Some things about my reviews:
1. I especially like to review Other Fiction, Fantasy Fiction, Historical Fiction, and Science Fiction. I will critique other things too (including Art & Photography) but I might not feel as comfortable with it.
2. I don't generally do poetry, and my reason why is nicely summarized by this Bob Dylan quote: "Don't criticize what you can't understand." However, if you really want me to look at your poem I'll do my best.
3. Please don't give me anything rated 18+ unless the content isn't too explicit.
4. I don't want to review novels unless it's the first chapter/prologue. I really don't want to review "chapter 35, part 8 out of eleven."
5. Here are a few examples of my critiques: Can You See Me?, The Unicorn.

By the way, I'm not going to reply to this after each review anymore. If I've already gotten to a request then I'll "Like" that comment.

Also, I give very in-depth reviews that generally take me about an hour to write (from the time I start reading) so if I have a lot of critiques lined up you may have to wait a bit, but I will try to get back to you within a day. Warning: I can be harsh.
a
Last edited by Azila on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:10 pm
Autumn says...

heya I'd appreciate a critique of this =] :

post327399.html#327399
But there's still tomorrow
Forget the sorrow
And I can be on the last train home

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:45 pm
Soul of the Phantom says...

This is rated PG-13.

It's an series of stories, but they stand apart alone mainly, so you don't need to read the others to understand what is going on. It is also in 'Fantasy Fiction'

topic27666.html
Lost Odyssey, Xbox 360:
Jansen: "What? We gotta cross the mountain? Your kidding there isn't even a road!"
Seth: "Your in trouble if you wear out this easily..."
Jansen: "WELL I DON'T WEAR OUT IN BED!"

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:39 am
Azila says...

I only need less than twenty more crits in order to get another star!

...so, who wants a review? They're free.

~Azila~

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:08 am
JFW1415 says...

I'd love one on my new story! It's three parts, and here are the two I have up:

Part One: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic28900.html

Part Two: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic28953.html

Do whatever you can! Thanks a million! (And let me know if you want one in my 'want a critique?' thread! I need another star, too.)

~JFW1415

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:30 am
chocoholic says...

Will you critique what I have of The Gate of Glendon, my new novel? The prologue and first four chapters and sitting in my portfolio, just wishing they could be ripped to pieces by critiquers.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:56 pm
Talking_Pinata says...

So sorry, but I've gotten to the point where I depend upon you for reviews! DX! So here's chapter one of "Yarn". You so graciously reviewed the prologue, and it'd help a ton for a review on this one! Please? THANKYOU!

topic28937.html

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:13 am
lsilvernail says...

Hey, I'd appreciate a critique of my story:
topic28798.html

Could you also tell a couple of other people about it maybe? I haven't gotten any critiques yet! Thanks!
"What are you going to do, let out the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouths, so when the bark they shoot bees at you?"
- Homer Simpson

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:23 am
JFW1415 says...

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic28900.html

There are three parts, and it's due soon. Can you look at them quickly/relook at them? (I can't remember if you read it before I edited...)

Thanks!

~JFW1415

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri May 30, 2008 6:49 pm
Emerson says...

Hello!

I thought I would ask something in return...? It's in the romance section, hope that is alright? I don't neccessarily need a critique on the first part, but the others are neglected of love, but you would have to read the first part to understand the other parts. @_@ So I will just link you to the first part.

God Still Loves You (1)

I will say that I have part three rated as R but only for some adult language so if you don't feel comfortable with that, I understand, and you don't have to look at it at all. ^_^

I love you, Zila!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:40 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Hi! You and your reviews are so awesome-possum! ^_^ If you could maybe...?

The Dragon, the dog, and the Dove.

It's classified in Action/Adventure, but I debated whether to put it in Other anyway. Hopefully it's alright. ^^ If you don't think you can help, though, don't worry about it. :)

~ Jabber ~
I make my own policies.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:43 am
RandomGrrl says...

Hey! I would really love feedback on "Intuition" if you get a chance. It's a story separated into five sections... If you do look at it, bear in mind that it's meant to be read in one go. Thanks!

topic29344.html

RG :D

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:44 am
RandomGrrl says...

Oh, I should also mention, that though it isn't rated on there it IS somewhat freaky... maybe PG-13 if you're being conservative. So, if you don't want to look at it, totally understandable. :D

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:14 pm
Jon says...

in my portfolio under Canaby Witches chapters 0ne - Five
i would really appreciate it! :D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:38 am
BigBadBear says...

Night Terrors

I have just posted this and wondered if I could get some reviews?
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
— Steve Martin