z

Young Writers Society

YWS: Apollo Updates Thread

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:58 am
Hannah says...

I think it's worth a try. Anything to get users over the first few chapters and into following the novel would help reduce that number. :)
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:46 pm
StoneHeart says...

I, personally, pay no attention to how many points I get anymore . . .

But I know a couple of other members who would enjoy this.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:17 am
View Likes
Nate says...

@carbonCore ->> I'm really sorry for not having replied sooner! I thought I had. Anyways, I think that's a great idea.

Everyone ->> All changes I've been discussing lately will be made in one large update. That way, I can just do a single thread about the update rather than doing everything piecemeal, which would probably just make things confusing.

I'll have more info about the update soon. It's a big one, but mostly because I decided to wrap a bunch of small updates into one -- a lot of people probably won't even notice that anything has changed.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:46 pm
StellaThomas says...

Heya- this is more a query than anything, I didn't want to put it in the bugs thread because it isn't a bug, I'm honestly just curious- did you chance the review-counting system recently? Only my review count suddenly just jumped up by two. As I say, not complaining (hey, two closer to my next star :P), just curious as to why it happened- do these things auto-adjust?
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

425 Reviews

Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:12 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Nope, no auto-adjusting! It's possible that someone marked a couple of your literary comments as reviews, but you would've received an automatic PM in that case. You probably just did two more reviews than you had thought!

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:58 am
Blackwood says...

Yo Nate, could you add a "Tragedy" Genre to the publishing centre? There are a ton of possible genres but I feel like tragedy is a BIG one that shouldn't be missed.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

425 Reviews

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:31 pm
Nate says...

In the next YWS update, the genres are going to be narrowed down to just the 10 biggest ones. But alongside that, you'll be able to add tags for anything you submit. So if you're submitting a tragedy, you'd be able to add that as one of the tags.

Right now, the update is nearing completion, and I'll be announcing a beta test of it sometime before November.

In other news, just as a heads up for everyone, there will be another Free Literary Work Day on October 26 GMT. The last one went really well, so it's probably something that'll happen on the last Saturday of every month from now on. Just remember to review on Review Day if you take advantage of it! That way, the Free Lit day will keep happening.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:44 pm
Caesar says...

You know what would be epic? A 'my tabs' sidebar area like my storybooks, but in the other sections of the forum. Could be handy if say, you're a faithful knight, but the kotgr page gets knocked down, or something.

=D
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

425 Reviews

Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:52 pm
Nate says...

Louis ->> Having a "My Tabs" or "My Subscribed Topics" area for the forums might be helpful, but I don't think it'd work as well as "My Storybooks." The reason the latter works so well is because it's only for one forum, and that one forum is very specialized with topics that those participating will return to for weeks on end.

In The Lounge and other forums, though, most topics are either just random fun threads or transitory. The big exception is the one you noted, which is the KotGR thread. With that, though, I think a better solution would be to sticky the KotGR thread.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:27 am
Caesar says...

that works too!
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:15 am
Snoink says...

I was tweaking my blog to make it look spiffier (YES. I KNOW. IT'S SACRILEGE, CONSIDERING HOW LONG MY BLOG HAS BEEN OBNOXIOUSLY PINK) and then I thought, "Wait... maybe the blog layout will be tweaked in this update?

SO. Uh. Is this true?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:50 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Nope. Blogs are going to remain the same as they are now with zero changes. Sometime in the future, I'd really like to switch all blogs over to Wordpress, but that won't happen for a very long time (if ever).

Anyhow, also just created a slew of new bbcodes:
Code: Select all
[admin]Administrators[/admin]
[gm]Global Moderators[/gm]
[jm]Junior Moderators[/jm]
[dm]Distinguished Members[/dm]
[djm]Distinguished Junior Members[/djm]

Administrators
Global Moderators
Junior Moderators
Distinguished Members
Distinguished Junior Members

The purpose is to just make it easier to denote the different YWS volunteer levels. In all likelihood, only a handful of people will ever use them on only a small handful of occasions, so they won't be listed in the bbcode listing when you reply to a topic. But when you do need them, it'll be immensely more helpful than the old way of using the color bbcode tag,

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:39 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

There isn't a Nate one D:
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:15 am
View Likes
Blues says...

Rydia, Hannah, Iggy, niteowl and beckiw.

I like how it's bolded as well. O:

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:40 am
Hannah says...

Testing ... [user]Rydia[/user].
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

The poetry of the earth is never dead.
— John Keats