z

Young Writers Society

YWS 3.0 Bugs

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:35 am
Teeeeo. says...

I don't think this is a bug, but I think I see an error... At the top of each top post, where it says the thread name and each page of the thread, (Like on this page, it says 'YWS 3.0 Bugs Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4), is 'Goto' spelled like that on purpose? Or is it an accident?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:38 am
Emerson says...

This might not be a bug, but when I'm using the "Post a Reply" to post (rather than the quick response) If my text has gotten so long that I have a scroll bar and I hit the quote/bold/underline button it'll jump me up to the top of the text box, and I'll have to scroll all the way down again. Did that make sense?

Is there a bug or is there something wrong with my computer?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:39 am
Firestarter says...

Teo - Nope. See here

Because a lot of the programs on this site were written by people whose native language is not English, there is a lot of incorrect grammar floating about.

So I guess it's actually supposed to be "Go to previous page."

Claudette - It does that to me too.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:44 am
Emerson says...

Claudette - It does that to me too.

Well then what the heck is the problem!? Now I'm frustraited... I've given up with the buttons and just write the code out myself. At least its teaching me not to be lazy.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:46 am
Crysi says...

Same for me. I don't think it's a bug... I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't take much longer to type the code out yourself. I actually prefer it sometimes, although you have to be careful you don't mess up the code.
Love and Light

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:13 pm
Cassandra says...

viewtopic.php?t=10502&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Perhaps it's just my computer, but I just made a post, the one in which I quote Max McKali, and it somehow put my post...before Bob's and Max's? Um, what?

It's really weird. I tried deleting my post and reposting a new one, and it did the same thing...

And...on the view new posts thing, everything is in (what I assume is) a different time zone. I tried changing my time zone accordingly in my settings but no such luck....

EDIT: Nevermind, the sites having issues. I've figured that out now. XD Just took me a while...
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:01 am
Meshugenah says...

Gar! I hope this is just my computer, but I went to post something in the welcome forum, and I got this message (using quick reply and) post reply:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /posting.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:21 am
Nate says...

Meshugenah wrote:Gar! I hope this is just my computer, but I went to post something in the welcome forum, and I got this message (using quick reply and) post reply:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /posting.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Darq reported the same problem, and I think it may just have been that the server got overloaded at that time. YWS has never experienced the level of activity that it had in the past two hours (more than one new post a minute), so I think it was just memory issues with the server. I'll have to note this for the future...

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:54 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Apparently I just spent 15 points editing one of my posts in Randomness.
Meep?
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:54 am
Meshugenah says...

LOL! Aye, Matt, that's what happends when you edit in randomness or the lounge. But you gain points when you edit stuff in the literary forums/usergroups!

Nate: I hope that's all it was. I posted that message, and then went back to post in welcome again, and it wouldn't let me, that's what I thought was so weird. I couldn't in one forum only.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:16 pm
Snoink says...

http://youngwriterssociety.com/search.p ... irestarter

See? Weird!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:18 pm
Firestarter says...

Oh yeah, I noticed that. Why does it add an extra name every new post? It's rather strange.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sat May 19, 2007 3:01 am
Writersdomain says...

Not sure if this belongs here, but I can't seem to post any reply. The only reason I am posting this is because of the quick reply box.

I click on 'post reply' and the first half of the page up to 'advertise on YWS' shows up, but the entire text box where you write a reply doesn't show up.

EDIT: has been fixed
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat May 19, 2007 4:44 am
Nate says...

Thanks for the heads up WD! I'm fooling around with the group colors, and so that looks like it got messed up.

Also, the group colors do not work right now. I didn't like the old program used to display them, and the one I just installed I don't quite like either. So expect no group colors for a little bit!

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:29 pm
Firestalker says...

I dont know if this is my computer.

I'm in the YWS chimped out theme and when i try to go to the [interactive] underLitarary this message pops in a page

The wiki is currently unavailable.

Error: Unable to connect to the MySQL database
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

I regret everything.
— Ron Swanson