Young Writers Society

What Would You Like To See Added?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:39 am
Snoink says...

Nate wrote:
Snoink wrote: And, if it was possible, maybe we can have an option of NOT getting emails everytime someone replies? That would be good.

Anyway... that's what I've come up with. I hope I've made a little bit of sense.

Go to edit your prefences under My YWS. The option has always been there. The other things you brought up are good ideas but unfortunately not possible.

Except for the pig emoticons? *puppy eyes*

Nah, lol, it's okay. I kind of expected that would be the case. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:59 am
View Likes
Nate says...

I was going to make some of the changes tonight, but I wasn't able to get to my laptop until 10 p.m., so I'm going to have to hold off until Wednesday. Would do some tomorrow, but I'm going to the home opening game of the Nationals.

425 Reviews

Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:24 pm
Nate says...

Xnay on the upper post. Turns out the tickets are for tomorrow.

Anyways, just made the first noticeable change (more on a whim than anything else). The random member block will now only show members who have at least 100 posts. So you won't be getting stupid freakforchrist or some other unknown from now on. But, I only checked it five times, so let me know if it doesn't work.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:27 am
Torpid says...

i know this kinda might sound weird but the ability to change ure name or create a 2nd profile and name could be cool. kinda like yahoo mail and IM

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:22 am
Dono says...

Would it be possible to add a word count function for each post? I don't know how useful it would be for some things, but it could be useful for the Storybook RPs, etc.

For example, let's say I wanted to make an RP in which only dedicated writers would participate; with a word count option, we just say that unless you post more than 500 words a post (pretty steep, but plausable), don't bother posting.

425 Reviews

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:17 pm
Nate says...

Dono wrote:Would it be possible to add a word count function for each post? I don't know how useful it would be for some things, but it could be useful for the Storybook RPs, etc.

For example, let's say I wanted to make an RP in which only dedicated writers would participate; with a word count option, we just say that unless you post more than 500 words a post (pretty steep, but plausable), don't bother posting.

I'll look into it. Sounds like a good idea.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:18 am
Ego says...

I'd totally incorporate it into the Hogwarts usergroup as well as every RP Storybook I start up!
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:33 am
Ego says...

Oh!

I kinda liked how the blog listings were on JustGoat, with the avatar and blog description of the owner included on the blog list page.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

425 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:12 am
Nate says...

lol, all of this kind of got sidetracked with the new dark skin and all.

Anyways, I'm slowly getting back on track (or rather fixing the track). And the biggest thing I want to do now is make this site more easily accessible to new users. I didn't realize how confusing it all is until my neighbor signed up today and asked me how to change his avatar. It's a simple question, but requires a longwinded answer. So I want to totally revamp the FAQ and do a few other little things, such as adding a Questions forum.

After that, I want to add 'contact us' and 'about us' pages. Also, I need to add some pages for educators and parents.

Then I'll get to everything else.

Random avatar

Reviews: 27
Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:27 pm
powerofwords2008 says...

okay. would it be possible to add something to the site where we can see how many points we have and also to be able to do something cool with those points. i'm not talking about spending them on the games in the arcade either, something cool. because i mean right now i have points, but i can't see how many i have and not only that but i feel kind of weird not really having anything to do with them. also, would it be possible to have like a bank or something to collect interest? just an idea. and how about adding a section for audio recordings and poems and short stories written by more than one person? just a few ideas.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:25 am
Monki says...

Hey, Power! Noticed your fairly new! Welcome to YWS!

Also wanted to point out that this was posted over TWO year ago! Whew! They should really take this down! So, I doubt your ideas will be considered, considering no one looks at this anymore. Maybe PM those ideas to Nate. ;)

<3,
Monki
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin