z

Young Writers Society

What Would You Like To See Added?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:05 am
Nate says...

Once YWS switches over to just one skin rather than two, I'm going to make a lot of new additions and some changes to the site. For instance, a friends thingie will be added while the buddy list will be removed. I'm also going to test out a YWS instant messenger service. Then among the changes will be an overhaul of the community photo album so it's more usable, although the biggest changes to YWS overall will only be noticed by Jack, Galatea, and myself.

So as I get ready for the latest spate of additions, is there anything you would like to see added? Nothing is too absurd (well, maybe nothing), and if I tell you your idea is stupid, then that means it probably won't happen :P

But, seriously, contribute any ideas you've been having in that head of yours! Music on blogs (ain't gonna happen btw!)? Personal websites? More puppies?

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:07 am
Bobo says...

A minibanner in your miniprofile woult be minicool. It could link to a website that you want it to, like your personal website, your Deviant Art account, your Myspace, whatever.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:08 am
Black Ghost says...

Maybe you should have a forum for stories or poems that were co-written by two authors

just a suggestion

-Tony

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:13 am
Elizabeth says...

Music for the blogs.
Pictures for signatures.

Anything with this sort of artsy feel. But for the music in teh blog, have a little toolbar to close it or not, if the song/songs chosen aren't liked.

I don't know, I like to decorate things :P
Maybe a suggestion of backgrounds for the blogs instead of just the colors?

And fix the paragrapher on the story thing... I heard it doens't work :P

481 Reviews

Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:58 am
Bobo says...

More customizable blogs would be sweet; like personal websites or something. Or something like ModBlog where you can make your own templates. Heck, I dunno, just something that makes those blogs more customizable.

Speaking of blogs, MORE MOODS!!! And more mood sets. I'd even be willing to hunt down some smiley faces for you to use for the different sets or whatever.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:04 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I second those more mood sets. They work, and I like them, but they're also kind of cheesy and not very cute.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

481 Reviews

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:25 pm
Bobo says...

An audio text reader would be ultra-sweet. Heck, even something where you could record yourself and attach it to your post would be cool.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:45 pm
Firestarter says...

Please don't put pictures in signatures, I will commit suicide.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:57 pm
Snoink says...

No music on blogs... please.

Different smilies might be nice too! I mean, I love these guys (:):P:D:(), but only to a certain extent.

Ooh! And a piggy smilie! Because we like pigs...

EDIT: I've thought of something else...

For the friends list, perhaps we can have a link that says "Top" at the bottom of the page? Or on each entry? I don't know... I think I'm becoming extremely lethargic, due to the internet. :P

And subforums would be WONDERFUL, especially for some of the more active usergroups. :)
Last edited by Snoink on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:58 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Please don't put pictures in signatures, I will commit suicide.

Ooh! And a piggy smilie! Because we like pigs...

^ Agree with both. And I reckon if we get audio in posts, then they should be restricted to certain boards or whatever. Otherwise, they'll just end up all over the place, and they'll take up more memory etc. Plus, I'm sure that'd get annoying after a while..

425 Reviews

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:11 pm
Nate says...

Don't worry Snoink, music on blogs will never happen. And TBR, please take the time to read.

Audio to text sounds cool, but it's impractical. However, something I have been wanting to allow users to do is attach audio records to their posts so you can hear the author read his/her poem. But I've already looked into it, and it's impractical.

The day pics are allowed in sigs will be the same day YWS shuts down.

I like the idea of having a forum for co-authors. Simple, easy to do, and it fills a void.

A minibanner in your profile would be cool. I think I know how to set it up too.

Customizable blogs would take far too long to do. However, I'm been slowly making progress toward a more complete profile section, with the eventual hope of making your profile customizable.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:31 pm
Teufelshund says...

I don't know when the "EuroDollar" (or whatever it was called) idea was scrapped, but I would still like to see some use for the YWS point system. Perhaps you could make a YWS marketplace where points could be spent on things such as new emoticons or new blog options. As of now, the only place to spend points is the arcade, and although the YWS Flash arcade is agood one, I would like to see my points put into something more useful.
Semper Fidelis

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically. "

-Jean-Paul Sartre

425 Reviews

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:37 am
Nate says...

Teufelshund wrote:I don't know when the "EuroDollar" (or whatever it was called) idea was scrapped, but I would still like to see some use for the YWS point system. Perhaps you could make a YWS marketplace where points could be spent on things such as new emoticons or new blog options. As of now, the only place to spend points is the arcade, and although the YWS Flash arcade is agood one, I would like to see my points put into something more useful.

The EuroLoonyDollar was a joke of mine, lol. But you make a good point; ever since points have been around, there really have been no use for them. I did try an avatar type thing once, but people didn't really go for it. I'll look into something though.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:06 am
smaur says...

Strikeout. I don't know how possible it is, but it would be so very very cool if we could have the strikeout-text option.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:13 am
Duskglimmer says...

Okay... I'm apparently into seconding other people's ideas. I second the strike-out text. It is my friend.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

It takes as much imagination to create debt as to create income.
— Leandro Orr