z

Young Writers Society

Young Writers Literary Journal 2011

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:48 pm
Tigersprite says...

I've decided, I shall submit a short story and a poem. I can't wait! :D
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:47 pm
View Likes
Jenthura says...

"Fourth, if your submission is accepted, we lack the financial means to pay you. However, you will get a free copy of the literary journal."

Will this copy be a physical manifestation of the book? Or will we receive an E-book?
If the former is true, then how could it reach those poor YWS'ers in deepest Siberia?
Or will these questions be answered in Dec?

I'm so up for this!
-ж-Ж-ж-

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:49 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

Nate wrote:Yes, photography is accepted. However, keep in mind that the Journal is in black and white. Thus, any artwork and photography must look good in b & w.

Ah, fail.
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:41 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Will this copy be a physical manifestation of the book? Or will we receive an E-book?
If the former is true, then how could it reach those poor YWS'ers in deepest Siberia?
Or will these questions be answered in Dec?

It will be an actual, physical copy of the journal mailed to you. If you're accepted, a mailing address will be asked from you so that we can send you a copy as soon as we can, regardless of which country you're in.
I make my own policies.

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:50 pm
View Likes
Jashael says...

How to pass and how many can be passed? O_O I wanna pass an artwork, but I'd also want to pass poetry. which to pick? LOL
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:45 pm
wonderland says...

I'm in.
I got the best (maybe hopefully) Story idea on my bus today. So, i'm in.
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:45 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

jashbagabaldo wrote:How to pass and how many can be passed? O_O I wanna pass an artwork, but I'd also want to pass poetry. which to pick? LOL

You can submit one to each category, meaning you can submit a total of three things: one poem, one short story, and one artwork.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:23 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

However, chances are only one work will be picked at most. Only about a quarter of entries are selected, in previous issues.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:55 pm
Meep(: says...

*squee!* This is a great way for me to cure my writer's block :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

350 Reviews

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:51 am
Jenthura says...

I hate to be a raincloud here, but the covers for the last two (from what I saw on Amazon) were...IMHO...awful. Can we submit covers for the journal?
Apologies to whoever made the last ones.
-ж-Ж-ж-

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:35 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Just an update to all: I am currently in the process of putting the finishing touches on the submission system. That should be done sometime in the next 24 hours, but I can't predict exactly when.

Once done, all submissions will be handled through the system. When you submit, you will be given a number by which you can track your submission. For instance, you'll be able to know when an editor reviews it and when it's accepted/rejected. Of course, no submission will be accepted or rejected until March.

Moreover, the submission system is blind. That is, the editors will not be able to know the author of the work. This should remove any sort of bias from the system, which may either help or hurt you!

350 Reviews

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:16 pm
View Likes
Jenthura says...

Nate wrote:Moreover, the submission system is blind. That is, the editors will not be able to know the author of the work. This should remove any sort of bias from the system, which may either help or hurt you!

Will you go so far as to edit any mention of the author's name? As in, cutting out a corner of a signed piece of art? (with photoshop ;) )
-ж-Ж-ж-

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:35 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Bit of a delay. Ended up unexpectedly watching my nephew for most of the afternoon. He's a great kid, but a handful. Someone please tell me how parents manage two-year-olds because this kid never runs out of energy.

Jenthura ->> No. That's ridiculous.

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:00 am
captain.classy says...

Thomas the Tank Engine. Or Little Einsteins. Oh, was that a rhetorical question?

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats