z

Young Writers Society

Various Small Updates (Week of July 5, 2010)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:16 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

I plan on doing a variety of small updates over the course of this week, so if you're interested in that kind of stuff, then watch for this thread to be updated.

Chatroom
Late last week, I upgraded the chat to the latest version. This caused some initial problems, and I've had to since re-install it twice. Today, I think I also fixed the undefined bug and managed to bring F.R.E.D. back as well (I had to be tricky to get him to go into his pad).

I've also added roughly 50 new statuses so that you can let everyone know whether you're feeling grateful, sad, happy, confused, rushed, exhausted, etc. Unfortunately, the chat will not load them in the order I specified. Instead, it's loading them in a seemingly random order. So, have fun with that!

Blogs
On the blogs index page, you were able to see blogs that you couldn't access. That is, you'd see someone's entry, but when you clicked on the entry, you get an error message. This is now fixed. But to keep things running fast and smooth, only blogs that are open to all will show up in the hot post of the day area. Additionally, only comments to blogs that are open to all will show up in the Recent Blog Comments.

On top of that, only a member's most recent blog entry will show up in the recent blog entries area. For whatever reason, some people will make a ton of new blog posts in a span of a few hours. As you can imagine, they end up cluttering the recent blog entries area. From now on though, only the latest blog entry from that user will show up. (Uh... I hope that makes sense)

That's it for now. This post will be updated throughout the week with new updates.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:02 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

From now on though, only the latest blog entry from that user will show up.

This is great, thanks. :)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Blog updates= Love.

That is all. :P
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:34 am
View Likes
NYCnightowl007 says...

Quick question: Was giving people with less then 250 posts have a custom title an update too? Because I seem to have one now . . .

Thanks. :D
"I’m usually that guy who violently kicks off his shoes at the front door because there’s something about fake wooden kitchen linoleum that appears inviting to the feverish socked footsies." - Adam Young/Owl City

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:17 am
Lava says...

Awesome!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:56 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

NYCnightowl007 wrote:Quick question: Was giving people with less then 250 posts have a custom title an update too? Because I seem to have one now . . .

Thanks. :D

This happened awhile ago. Not sure exactly when, though.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson