Updates to the Like Button

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:51 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Just finished updating the Like button. Here's what's up:

Added Facebook Like
You can now like the topic on Facebook with an easy click. Just as with liking anything else on Facebook, a link to the topic will be shared on your profile. This should make sharing your works with others much easier.

Changed YWS Like
The YWS Like button is now more of a link than a button. It's also been extended to every topic page and not just literary works. However, only literary works will continue to be featured; that part isn't changing.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:02 am
View Likes
Evi says...

Okay, cool! The reason I asked on your blog if we'd have to be on Facebook to like soemthing is that the "Like on YWS" option is kind of hidden. Only the top half of the link seems to be showing up.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

425 Reviews

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:02 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Evi, stop using Internet Explorer. Anyhow, fixed.

But quite seriously, dump Internet Explorer ;)

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:05 am
View Likes
OverEasy says...

Firefox > Internet Explorer
Life is for living.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:28 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

I can definitely see people using the Facebook like. I don't know if I will, though, because I feel like I want to keep Facebook and YWS more apart. But even so, the option will surely introduce a lot of new people to YWS, which is the point, I think!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:41 pm
Mo. says...

:D
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:51 pm
Lava says...

Could you make the "Like on YWS" link a little larger?
It's because I agree with Demseh and I'd rather not mix facebook and YWS.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:15 pm
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

*like*

I do agree with lava: can we make the "Like on YWS" any bigger? For a minute, I couldn't even find it.

But yay! This is so awesome!
I am reminded of the babe by you.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:02 pm
View Likes
LookUpThere says...

Urgh, I'm so backward and sometimes slow to understand things. Bear with me.
How does this LIKE button, this Facebook LIKE button know that I'm TheNewHero. It says ********** ******* Likes this (F) but how does it know I'm **********???? Secondly, where does my Liking go or what does it lead to? Too much confusion. Plus, I liked the old Like button, you could keep that instead of changing it. Or else, change it from 'Like On YWS' because it seems like the main importance is not liking on YWS, but Liking on Facebook. I just hate being lost, is all. But I appreciate all of it, really.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:09 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

It says ********** ******* Likes this (F) but how does it know I'm **********????

Were you online on Facebook when you clicked the like button?
If so, that's probably why. YWS recognises that you're online on Facebook, therefore it knows your name.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

147 Reviews

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:31 pm
View Likes
LookUpThere says...

What I mean is, there should be no link between Facebook and YWS that makes me cross-accesible. Anyway, I'm off now. It still knows who I am. Nate said the Facebook like button has nothing to do with YWS so I'm not sure. Also, where do these likes go?

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

TheNewHero wrote:What I mean is, there should be no link between Facebook and YWS that makes me cross-accesible. Anyway, I'm off now. It still knows who I am. Nate said the Facebook like button has nothing to do with YWS so I'm not sure. Also, where do these likes go?

Yeah... it does seem kind of stalkerish... :lol: Kidding. :wink:

I don't personally mind the Facebook name thing, but I get what you mean. As for 'Where do these likes go?' I have no idea... :xd:
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

147 Reviews

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:40 pm
View Likes
LookUpThere says...

Never mind, it goes to my profile which is cool because it advertises for YWS. I think it took a while to take effect which bugged me. Still, the YWS should be above the Facebook. I understand, you can chill everyone. But I still want to know how it knows who I am. I just modified my name on Facebook and it knows!

425 Reviews

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:07 pm
Nate says...

TheNewHero: I already explained this to you, and I explained it as simple as I possibly could. But here it goes again...

This time, please read this over at least twice.

The Facebook Like Button is the Facebook Like Button. That is Facebook. The Facebook Like Button belongs to Facebook. When you like something on Facebook, it displays your real name. When you use the Facebook Like Button, it is posting it on Facebook. Nothing at all is shared with YWS. Your name is only visible to you and those with whom you are friends on Facebook because that is the Facebook Like Button. It has absolutely nothing to do with YWS. NOTHING.

In short, you are concerned about something that does not exist. Since you plainly did not read what I said last time, please read the above at least twice.

425 Reviews

If you don't sign up for a review team, you're basically saying you're okay with canine amphibian metamorphosis.
— Nate