z

Young Writers Society

New Addition: YWS News is Here!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:25 am
Nate says...

YWS News is the latest addition to the Young Writers Society. You can find it by going to "Read / Write" then by clicking on "News & Nonfiction".

What is YWS News?
YWS News is more or less a dedicated non-fiction area of YWS. The main aim of it is to provide a place on YWS where members can share news about local events in their area, reviews of stuff they've read, and their thoughts and opinions on various subjects. I'm hoping it'll turn into a major part of YWS.

How is YWS News different from the Non-fiction forum?
The non-fiction forum is for critiquing. YWS News is only for reading, and people may comment if they wish. So if you want to share your opinion or an article with everyone, put it on YWS News. If instead you are looking for critiques, post it in the non-fiction forum.

Information on Submitting
Like most of YWS, when you submit something, it'll show up immediately in the section you submitted it to. However, for it to appear on the front page, a moderator must approve it. All mods are looking for when approving articles is good grammar, a good writing style, and a well-developed article.

However, even though stuff is automatically added, the piece may later be removed if the grammar is particularly bad or if the piece is poorly written. If this happens, you will be notified.

Some additional notes
Not everything is working yet. At this point, YWS News is mostly done but the finer details aren't there quite yet. I don't think anyone will notice the lack of most things except for the ability to edit or delete your comments. I promise that this is coming, but for the time being, if you submit a comment to an article, consider it permanent.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:27 am
Demeter says...

It looks so good! Thank you!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:43 am
Mo. says...

This is totally awesome! :D
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:38 pm
Elinor says...

Awesome, and *squeal* my article is featured!

Thanks for doing this, it's super awesome.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:59 pm
Merlin34 says...

Haha, one of mine is up there too!

EDIT: Do we get notified is someone comments on our articles?
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:35 am
Mr.Knightley says...

Yay! Love it.
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:42 pm
Nate says...

Merlin, at this moment, no. But something is in the works to notify you not only when new comments are made to an article you wrote, but when any comment is made to any blog or topic you wrote as well.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:10 am
Kale says...

But something is in the works to notify you not only when new comments are made to an article you wrote, but when any comment is made to any blog or topic you wrote as well.

I do hope it will include the option to shut it off/be selective with which blogs/topics you are notified of.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

more fish is always superior to less fish
— Shady