z

Young Writers Society

Inactive Usergroups Needing A Savior

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:47 pm
Nate says...

In the course of YWS' five years, we've had over 200 groups created. Of these, though, only 68 survive (of which only 56 are viewable by all).

Of the remaining, they either get deleted or saved. If the group made over 100 posts during its lifetime, its forum generally gets saved. Some of these groups used to be very active.

If you are interested in running any of these groups, just let me know. However, to ensure it doesn't go inactive again, you must find at least seven other people who are willing to join. Once you do, PM me with the name of the group and the names of the seven people. To gather the people, you can use the groups advert forum (under the Groups tab) or ask around in the chat room.

Here's a listing of such groups:

The Dark Elite: 105 posts. A forum to disscuss characters and aspects of |Fantasy Horror/Dark fantasy and discuss techniques and sometimes vulgar plots that are best kept away from the main view of the members.

Historical Writers: 216 posts. A usergroup bringing together writers of historical fiction; for the purpose of discussion, debate and support.

Cartoons: 487 posts. A usergroup to discuss all varieties of cartoons from Futurama to the Looney Tunes.

The PERIs: 259 posts. We're the Personally Educated Rare Individuals! A place for the home schoolers of YWS to congregate and meet each other.

Save the Wolves: 268 posts. Wolves, finding ways to help them, also finding places to 'adopt' the wolves but where we are sure the money goes to the wolves, etc.

La Plume Noire (writing challenges): 190 posts. Weekly writing challenges.

Middangeard: 329 posts. For the discussion of all things Tolkien

Travel Group: 117 posts. This forum is for the use of the Travel Usergroup.

Cinema Freaks: 776 posts. A movie group where films of any genre and year can be discussed by their fans.

Classics and Their Writers: 210 posts. Talking about Classics and their authors.

Computer / Technology: 356 posts. A usergroup for everyone from novices to experts, exploring computers and modern technology. Discuss anything tech-related, from gaming to programming.

Dark Orbit: 160 posts. Group for the discussion of science-fiction.

Fantasy Fools: 1231 posts. For sword-and-sorcery - sometimes humorous - always fantastically inclined...and, naturally, for those who write fantasy.

And the big kahuna...

RPG (Rocket propelled grenades): 4351 posts. RPG is a group where randomness prevails, no one knows its true meaning but we have many theories on its name such as: Rocket Propelled Grendades,Ridgedly Potent Grouse and Recklessly Prudent Gestures. The group aims to take Randomness to a whole new level.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:51 pm
Kamas says...

The Computer & Technology group:

AquaMarine and I agreed in the Usergroup Cleanout thread that we would take over the group.

Note:

I noticed that Nate, I was just letting you know here. Getting people together now. My bad for not saying that.
Last edited by Kamas on Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:05 pm
Elinor says...

I'd be interested in leading the Historical Writers group.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:13 pm
Nate says...

Follow directions.

If you are interested in running any of these groups, just let me know. However, to ensure it doesn't go inactive again, you must find at least seven other people who are willing to join. Once you do, PM me with the name of the group and the names of the seven people.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:28 pm
Elinor says...

Nate wrote:Follow directions.

If you are interested in running any of these groups, just let me know. However, to ensure it doesn't go inactive again, you must find at least seven other people who are willing to join. Once you do, PM me with the name of the group and the names of the seven people.

Sorry. I'll send out PMs straight away.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart