z

Young Writers Society

New Advanced User Profiles

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:35 am
Nate says...

Go check out user profiles! I reworked them to make them more organized and user-friendly. Everything is now separated into tabs much like My YWS, and it's now much easier to navigate around.

An added benefit to the current setup is that it's much easier for me to edit and add onto. So pretty soon I'll be adding a Reviews tab for those who miss that, and eventually a Friends tab.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:14 am
Rydia says...

Love it!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:50 pm
Rosendorn says...

Ooh, pretty. ^^ I like the tabs organization and being able to see all the pages in a guestbook!

*Winces at bringing this up* I just noticed there wasn't a place to view blogs on a user's profile. Will that be coming back, or will we have to stick with the blog page?

425 Reviews

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:02 pm
Nate says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:I just noticed there wasn't a place to view blogs on a user's profile. Will that be coming back, or will we have to stick with the blog page?

Of course not. Why would I make your blog accessible from your profile? That makes no sense.

Just joking of course. You'd think making your blog accessible from your profile is easy, but it's not. When I set this up last night, I couldn't figure out how to do it, and I just spent three hours of a beautiful Sunday afternoon figuring it out. There's more than a few things you need to deal with. First, is just the blog url. But, you don't want to display the blog url if the person only wants their friends to see their blog. Similarly, you don't want to display the url if the person doesn't even have a blog. And what happens when the blog is marked for deletion, or a mod tags the blog as spam? Then there's the situation of permissions, and dealing with who can view blogs and who can't (guests & bots can't view blogs). Then there's the counting of the blog entries, etc.

Nothing is click and install. Even the tiniest of features can take hours to deal with.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:14 pm
Rosendorn says...

Thanks for the answer! I was just wondering if they would be coming or not. :)

425 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:04 am
Nate says...

The reviews tab is also now listed in all profiles. You can not only view all the reviews the member has made, but you can also view reviews to the member's work.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:48 am
Xunnamius says...

This might be slightly off-topic, but how do I change the "Featured..." works part of my profile? I used to be able to do it (before I left on vacation) but now I can't. Am I missing something obvious?

425 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:07 am
Nate says...

Thanks for reminding me about that Xunnamius. You weren't able to before, but I just added it to the Edit Profile section of My YWS.

Also, fans of the old style of portfolios, take note! Go to someone's portfolio, and you can now view it by time once again.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:40 am
LowKey says...

The reviews tab is also now listed in all profiles. You can not only view all the reviews the member has made, but you can also view reviews to the member's work.

WIN.

Also, fans of the old style of portfolios, take note! Go to someone's portfolio, and you can now view it by time once again.

EPIC WIN.

*rains thousands of blessings of a long and healthy and happy life upon Nate* You're amazing and amazing and just flat out amazing. Win, win, win, win. Thank you so much, and I think you're brilliant. Awesome.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:19 am
Silversun says...

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I'm having trouble finding how to add people as friends. Is there something completely obvious I'm overlooking, or is temporarily down?

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:37 am
Evi says...

Silversun-- Go to 'My YWS' and then click on the 'Friends' tab. From there you can type in the usernames of people you'd like to add! ^_^ You just have to be sure to spell the names correctly.

And Nate, seriously, loving the new Portfolio! =D It's amazingly user-friendly and the tabs make everything look so nice and neat. Sorting Portfolios by time is helpful, as well. I echo Dreamer. :P

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:52 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

*squee*

Quite lovely. I am enthralled!

One who sits between two chairs may easily fall down.
— Proverb from Romania and Russia