z

Young Writers Society

Points System Done!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:42 am
Nate says...

Finally got the points system working, and there have been some changes.

As before, you can earn points by reviewing literary works. The maximum amount you can earn is 100 points per review. You earn .2 points for every character. However, you can no longer earn points in group forums.

Posting a new storybook costs 250 points. Replying to a storybook costs 5 points.

Points will no longer be reset. From now on, the points you earn are yours to keep forever.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:01 am
LowKey says...

Points will no longer be reset. From now on, the points you earn are yours to keep forever.

I'm in such shock, I don't know what to say. But good! Yay! I like playing for keeps. Awesome. No problem. I'm not even going to question the good fortune of this unexpected twist by asking why, even though the question is burning in my mouth. That's how much I like this. Don't change it.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:01 am
Ellyphant says...

Woot! That's what I'm talking about! *belly bumps Nate*

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:15 am
Rydia says...

Looks like I'd best go review then :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:15 pm
Rosendorn says...

100... points... maximum?

:D

I'm going to have to break out a long review and see just how much that is.

(And playing for keeps= makes me wanting to spam reviews)

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:36 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

O___O At first I was happy to hear this, but then I realized that I'll never fulfill my dream of becoming featured member xD Just my luck -.-" But I guess I can say I helped a lot of people earning those points.

-Shina

263 Reviews

Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:42 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Wait a minute! I have ZERO points?! How did this happen? This is not good. [removed for realizing emotional outbreak] I thought the points and the literary works were going to be transferred onto the new YWS. Sadly, I am disappointed, and I guess I'm disappointed in myself for waiting until the very last minute to attempt to get the most points. I should've tried in July, but it's too late now.

-Shina
Last edited by Angels-Symphony on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

425 Reviews

Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:00 pm
Nate says...

angels-symphony wrote:Wait a minute! I have ZERO points?! How did this happen? This is not good. Very very extremely awful and I even hate this idea. I thought the points and the literary works were going to be transferred onto the new YWS. Sadly, I am very disappointed, and I guess I'm disappointed in myself for waiting until the very last minute to attempt to get the most points. I should've tried in July, but it's too late now.

-Shina

Then perhaps you remember that on the old site, points got reset every month, and that points had not been reset for two months by the time it shut down?

For goodness sake, calm down. Sorry I even bother making this site for you where you can come here for free. If you want, leave.

263 Reviews

Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:11 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Then perhaps you remember that on the old site, points got reset every month, and that points had not been reset for two months by the time it shut down?

For goodness sake, calm down. Sorry I even bother making this site for you where you can come here for free. If you want, leave.

D: -.-" T-T

Sorry Nate. I get upset at random things I find important to me -.-" I'd never leave YWS because I don't like the point system. I think I'm actually sad because after reading the Hunger Games I realized how short lives are and now I'm trying to get myself to do everything I possibly can before I get [old]. I love new YWS, but not the fact that life is short and that it moves fast.

=________= I'll make up for it with reviews.

*goes to review*

-Shina

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:24 pm
Young gun says...

Could you please punish people who spam to get extra review points(long smilies chain included)?

425 Reviews

Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:16 pm
Nate says...

Young gun wrote:Could you please punish people who spam to get extra review points(long smilies chain included)?

We already talked about this in chat. If you see it happening, tell a JM or mod.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:27 pm
Bittersweet says...

I'm glad that you can't get points in groups anymore. It was much too easy to post whenever you wanted, which always bothered me. I also particularly enjoy that the new maximum is 100 points.

YWS just keeps getting better and better. :D
-Holly

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:06 am
foxfire says...

cool...i'm glad that it is the case...i got anxious on the last YWS when my points would be reset.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:57 am
LowKey says...

At first I was happy to hear this, but then I realized that I'll never fulfill my dream of becoming featured member xD Just my luck -.-"

I thought the featured member deal went off the member's activity in the literature forums, yes? I think it came up when people kept donating points to an inactive member, and they got up to 11k or something. It wasn't fair to the other members who were actually working for it, but someone said that it didn't matter, it went off activity more than points.

Maybe? That was a year or two ago, so who knows.

425 Reviews

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:04 am
Nate says...

Aye, while points are helpful in choosing the featured member, it's not the only thing we look at. After all, who deserves it more: the person who wrote 50 detailed reviews, or the person who wrote 200 short reviews? In fact, there have been times where no one in the top five point leaders earned featured member. This especially happens when the top 5 had the majority of their points donated to them for no apparent purpose.

That said, once I get featured member working, the first person to be featured member will be whoever deserved it on the old YWS. However, I will take into account recent behavior as well. So for instance, if it's close between the top two after discounting bogus donations, points earned in groups, etc., I'll look to reviews made in the past two weeks.

The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest