z

Young Writers Society

YWS Re-Opens!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:54 am
Nate says...

First of all, this feels so weird. I've been on this as a test site for some time, and so I don't feel like it's really open yet...

Anyhow, the Young Writers Society is open once again for business! However, keep in mind that some links are not going to work. This includes all the 'About' links, Squills, Recent Literary Additions, Submit your Work, More Quotes/Words of the Week. All of this should be fixed in the next couple days.

That being said, if you run across a bug, please let me know here. If you're unhappy with something, please let me know here.

Also, the old YWS is at:
old

Everything you did is still quite there.

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:00 am
Insomnia says...

Thank you for the awesome awesomeness. <3 It looks amazing. You've done a great job with everything, it looks like. ^^
Last edited by Insomnia on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:13 am
Demeter says...

Haha, I love how you say "the old YWS is at old". :P

Anyway, it's great and really neat, thank you so much!

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:15 am
Kylan says...

I feel like I've stumbled across some paradisaical playground...

EDIT: Some quick things I've found that aren't working properly:

-- I can't access any of my work from my profile.

-- All fiction posted using the old YWS formatting is now all scrunched together without paragraph breaks or indents. Are we going to have to revert to the old technique -- add our own paragraph breaks by hand -- or do you plan on making that all automatic?

-- Are blog layouts going to be transferred from the old YWS or are we going to have to start over?

-Kylan
Last edited by Kylan on Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:21 am
BigBadBear says...

This is the sexiest site I've ever been on.

-Jared

EDIT: I've just found something. The codes like [b] [ /b] and things like that don't work in guestbooks.

EDIT 2: I would like to see the chatroom link in a more... visible place? Because I couldn't find it for a moment, until I read through the top of the main page, and it doesn't stick out or anything. I don't know... it might just be me.

425 Reviews

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:10 am
Nate says...

Thanks guys!

Kylan ->> The portfolios should be fixed now. They still look messy, but all the links should be working.

Thanks for pointing out that the short stories & poems are messed up now. I'll fix it up tomorrow.

You'll have to start over with blog layouts. But if you go to 'Blog Config', you'll see a link to grab your old blog layout.

Jared ->> Aye, bbcodes for old guestbook entries won't work anymore. It's unfortunately a lot more complicated than it seems, and I spent a couple hours trying to make them work. Needless to say, I gave up. However, bbcodes will work on all new guestbook entries.

I'll add a link to the chatroom under the YWS Start button in the header.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:08 am
Jamie_rocks says...

Um, what happened to the writing activities forum? I spent half my time on YWS there-the topics are extremely helpful. Are we bringing that back?

425 Reviews

Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:17 am
Nate says...

Jamie_rocks wrote:Um, what happened to the writing activities forum? I spent half my time on YWS there-the topics are extremely helpful. Are we bringing that back?

Some forums have been rearranged. Go to "The Writer's Corner" under "Writing Resources."

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:24 am
Firestarter says...

Fast, sexy & cool. Loving it.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:10 am
JemimaPuddleDuck says...

Don't we get a friends list anymore?

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:23 am
Lil_Pau says...

Although it may take me a while to get used to the new site, YWS still looks neat! :D

425 Reviews

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:33 am
Nate says...

JemimaPuddleDuck wrote:Don't we get a friends list anymore?

Please refrain from asking the same question in two separate places. Also, as the first post notes, things are still unfinished.

That being said, the friends list is there. Just go to 'Friends' in My YWS. It's not displayed in profiles yet, although it will soon be.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:59 am
Matt Bellamy says...

It's wonderful, I adore it. Love the picture in the header as well. You've done a brilliant job, Nate. One thing I've noticed is in the forums, when the topic starter's name is quite long, it runs into the view count so they're overlapping.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:11 pm
Sureal says...

It's awesome! And I love the pretty header too.

Quick question: no more Quick Reply? Was never a vital feature, but I'm lazy.
I wrote the above just for you.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:18 pm
Master_Yoda says...

Wow! Sleek and sexy:-). Two questions: do the links linking similar posts not exist any more? Those were really helpful linking Chapters of stories. Secondly I'm not quite sure where the knowledge base was moved. Can anyone give me a link?

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
— Mark Twain