z

Young Writers Society

August 2, 2009 Radio Show Requests

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:35 pm
Nate says...

If you don't know yet, YWS will be having a radio show on August 2, 2009. If you have a request for an announcement or something to cover, let me know here. It could be a birthday announcement, personal accomplishment announcement, a request to talk about a book, etc. I can't promise I'll cover each request, but I'll try. All I ask is to that you be reasonable :)

Also, if you know of any good royalty free songs, please let me know here! I'm looking for some to play in between segments; kinda like commercials so I can take a break. Rock, jazz, country, rap: it's all good.*

* This especially applies if you have a song that you wrote. You can either send me a recording of it (.mp3 format), or play it live.

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:51 am
Mars says...

Isabel Allende was born on August 2, 1942!
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:13 am
Teague says...

If you talk about how awesome I am for at least two minutes, I'll drop the cheese thing. :P

I leave the specifics to you, but I am the final judge. *nod*

(also. how do you know if music is royalty-free?)
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

425 Reviews

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:34 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Almost all music is not royalty-free; even music that is over a century old. The most famous example is that of "Happy Birthday to You" (composed in 1893), for which one must still pay royalties when sung in public.

So far, I've been finding a lot just by typing royalty free music into google. Unfortunately, most of it is just background music with no lyrics. But there are a few artists out there who purposefully let you use their music for free (provided you give them credit, which is a no-brainer).

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:36 pm
Rosendorn says...

How about a shout-out to all the highschool grads/people who are going to be tacking the first semester in college? I know it's slightly late (hence the college bit) but... since school's starting and all?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:42 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Could you mention my poetry magazine, Blinking Cursor? It's now on sale at Lulu.com to buy as a hard copy or download. :)
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

425 Reviews

Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:05 pm
Nate says...

Rosey ->> Will do.

Sam ->> Definitely. I just ordered two copies for myself!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:46 pm
ImaginativeInsanity says...

Just a suggestion... you might congratulate everyone who won, survived, or even attempted JulNo this year. You hard workers deserve some credit. :D
Please help spread the word about the New YWS Transition by including the following in your sig:

From August 17 to 24, YWS will be down. See this for more info!

And don't forget to register at the backup site

Are we all possibly characters in someone else's novel?

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:26 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Thank you, Nate!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

If you run now, you will be running the rest of your life.
— Reborn