z

Young Writers Society

Scheduling Private Group Chatrooms

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm
Nate says...

Anybody may schedule a private event in the chatroom; it could be for a group, could be storybook discussion, or anything else. When you schedule a private event, you will have a separate chatroom all to your group, which can be password protected. If you wish to schedule such an event, just contact me with:

- The Time: I need a date, a starting time, and an ending time (along with your timezone). Note that the chatroom will close automatically at the ending time.

- A list of moderators: Every private group chat needs chat moderators! If you cannot get a chat moderator, then just let me know. It may be that there are a couple of people in your group who would make good chat mods for the group chat.

- Password: If you want the private chat to be password protected, you got to give me the password.

- The Rules: The same rules apply to private group chats as to the chatroom itself. In fact, they are even more strictly enforced.

- List of expected participants: Just a quick list of who you expect to attend. In order for a private group chat to be scheduled, there must be at least five people. Note that if more people show up than you expected, that's fine. Just send me a list of who you think will be there.

- What It's About: Just a quick explanation of why you're scheduling the private group chat. Is it for discussing a storybook? Talking about the collapse of communism?

If you have any questions, this is the thread to ask them!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:51 pm
Clo says...

Hey, that's pretty cool. Doubt I'd ever use it though, but I bet a lot of people will.
How am I not myself?

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:08 pm
Evi says...

Yes, actually, I have been yearning for a proper discussion on the collapse of communism recently. Does Friday at noon work for you?

;) Thanks, Nate! This sounds like a great idea for all the storybookers out there. ^^ You're awesome!
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:31 pm
Blink says...

Wow, that sounds awesome! Thanks. =] Now I need to go and rally my YWS rebels and our secret alliance. Ahem.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:25 am
Demeter says...

Wow, cool. Now all I have to do is figure out something to talk about.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:58 am
OverEasy says...

It'd be a really great way to get some instructors together and plan something? Maybe brainstorm contest ideas, etc?
Life is for living.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:43 pm
Adnamarine says...

Now that the instructors have a chatroom, what about the greeters?
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:05 pm
Meep(: says...

I love you, Adna <3
Yes! One for the Blues, please! :D
*puppy dog eyes*
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm
Rosendorn says...

That's probably a good idea. Get the blues organized.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:04 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

I second that, Rosey! I thought greeters are the "most important members on the site"!? We deserve our own chat room ^^
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

It's a dramatic situation almost every time you answer the phone—if you answer the phone.
— Matthew Weiner