z

Young Writers Society

YWS Blog Update Thread

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:44 am
Nate says...

The YWS Blog is the official blog of the Young Writers Society. It covers a wide variety of subjects ranging from books & writing to cultural interest items. Be sure to bookmark it!:
ywsblog

This thread is the update thread. Any new posts on the blog will also be posted here. However, as this thread is locked, you will need to go to the blog to comment.

425 Reviews

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:45 am
Nate says...

E-book vs. Real Book
by Nate
ywsblog/2009/03/29/e-book-vs-real-book/

I keep on thinking about buying a Kindle from Amazon, but can never quite bring myself to buy one. For one, they’re expensive at $359 a pop, and two, the e-books are more expensive than paperbacks ($9.99 vs. $8.99). So why should I bother buying something that will actually end up making me pay more for reading?

Well, because it can fit thousands of books, and it’s easy to carry; in fact, it would be really nice for the subway Right now, reading a book on the subway requires two hands, which can be a difficult proposition when you have a heavy-set individual next to you (happens more often than not). Plus, it appears to be really easy to read in direct sunlight, which would be great for when I go to the beach (and I go to the beach a lot).

But at this point, if I pay $359 dollars for a gadget, it better support color and full web. Until the Kindle does so, I’m staying away from it.

What do you think, though? Kindle isn’t the only e-book reader out there; just the most popular one. Do you think the price is warranted?

Click Here To Comment

425 Reviews

Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:01 pm
Nate says...

"Where The Wild Things Are" Movie
by Nate
ywsblog/2009/03/30/where-the-wild-things-are-movie/

I’m excited, this looks great:
[Trailer Clip]

Click Here To Watch / Comment

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
— Bilbo Baggins