z

Young Writers Society

Inbox Limit Increased By Factor of 10

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:21 am
Nate says...

At some sites, you have to pay money to have a large inbox. This has never made any sense to me. The YWS server has a 160 gigabyte harddrive; of which, only 8 gigabytes are used. Of that, less than 1% are private messages. Your average private message takes up 4 kilobytes of space.

So, I've increased the inbox limit for everyone from 1,000 to 10,000! Actually, it's only 9,999, but who's going to notice the difference? I would make it even higher, but the way the software is programmed, 9,999 is the absolute limit.

So enjoy never having to delete a private message... ever. Most of you will never even get to a 100 message limit; much less 1,000 or 10,000. But isn't it comforting to know you have all that extra space in case you ever need it? I thought as much.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:25 am
Bloo says...

Yay. Thank you. Now I just need another 9,800 PMs.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:30 am
Meshugenah says...

xD So maybe I should go delete some of the 700 I have in my inobx? Not that I'm a packrat, or anything... and I have deleted some! And older ones have gotten deleted when I hit inbox limit! *flees*

You rock, Nate!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:35 am
Evi says...

Are you kidding?!?! I'm so OCD, I writhe in agony when there are any more than ten PMs on my system. *twitch* If I had 10,000, I'd positively die. Die, I tell thee!

:oops:

But, this is super fantastic for all of those less obsessive YWSers out there. ^_^ Thanks again, Nate!
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:37 am
Linx says...

So enjoy never having to delete a private message... ever.

Not technically.

I have 388 PMs in my inbox, and I have never erased a single one. I've been a member for 172 days.

Here is the math:
If I did it right, I have been recieving an average of 2.3 PMs everyday since I have joined. If you divide 10,000 by 2.3, it is approximently 4347.8.

Which means it would take 4247.8 days until my inbox would be full (by average).

Which is almost twelve years.

So it's not forever.

:P

Just thought I would show the math.

Thanks anyway, Nate! Now my inbox won't be full in 434.8 days (a little over a year)!

*Cat

(Did I do the math right? I think I did)
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:18 am
BigBadBear says...

Here is the math:
If I did it right, I have been recieving an average of 2.3 PMs everyday since I have joined. If you divide 10,000 by 2.3, it is approximently 4347.8.

Which means it would take 4247.8 days until my inbox would be full (by average).

... Nerd.

XD Anyway, awesome, Nate! I like all these new features. I also can't wait for the new YWS. Any new updates?

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:22 am
Juniper says...

Yay, Nate!

Coincidentally, I was wondering about this. Last night I was using up 98% of the space in my inbox, and I was worried about deleting messages (the whole time I've been here, I haven't deleted one). And then, somehow, I'm only using 10% :P I was wondering if there was some automatic deletion going on.

Thank you!!
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:22 pm
Rydia says...

Nate, I really do love you. I didn't want to bother you about this so I was deleting more messages just the other week but never again, awesome!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:22 pm
Blink says...

Wouldn't it be nice to be so popular? :wink:
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:16 pm
MySunshine says...

Thanks Nate :D
You're the most awesomest person ever! I don't know if that's gramatically right or whatever, but I don't care.
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:24 pm
Jon says...

Muchas gracias!
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:22 pm
Rosendorn says...

Yay! *Hugs Nate*

Thank you very much!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:30 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Thanks, Nate!! :D

I'm with Mesh; I have exactly 700 messages in my inbox and I haven't deleted a single one since I joined.
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:34 pm
JabberHut says...

Cat. xD

I only delete the ones that I really have no use for anymore. It's just clogging up space. xD

There are a few old PMs that I keep for memories' sake though. ^_^
I make my own policies.

Between living and dreaming there is a third thing. Guess it.
— Antonio Machado