z

Young Writers Society

Using Colo(u)red Font

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:19 pm
Rosendorn says...

Yet, at the same time, colour tags won't work unless you use the American spelling.......
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:13 pm
LowKey says...

That's because we Americans rule the world and we know it. 8)

;)
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:20 pm
tori1234 says...

I don't mind the colors, I actually like them! Maybe even love them! (though I don't use them myself!) I think it gives the poster a sense of creativity.
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:34 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hmm, I was never a big fan of coloured font. This is a writing site -- you'd never write a book in electric blue, would you? :wink:
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:46 pm
Blink says...

Haruno Sakura wrote:Hmm, I was never a big fan of coloured font. This is a writing site -- you'd never write a book in electric blue, would you? :wink:

Say that to SMear, who totally would. I don't really like coloured font, but I don't see them as a particular problem. Unless, of course, everyone did. That would be horrid.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:15 pm
lilymoore says...

The only time I'll even touch teh colored fonts is when I'm in the guestbook or when I PM (and only with people I know aren't going to be upset by it) because those are generally places where fooling around and being cutesy is exceptable.

However, I feel that posting in the forums with colored fonts should be kept to a minimum or best of all, none at all.

And honestly, if its a big issue, why not just get rid of colored fonts all together, or at least make it usable only in certain areas such as the Guestbook and while PMing. That would, at least the way I see it, clear up this issue.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence