z

Young Writers Society

About the Ads on YWS

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:46 am
Nate says...

Every now and then I like to go over the ads that are shown on YWS.

As you may know, YWS uses Google Adsense to display the ads. This means that all ads are chosen based on a variety of methods by a software program developed by Google. Because of this, I really have no power over which ads get shown. Sometimes, this results with inappropriate ads being displayed.

If you feel that an ad is inappropriate, please contact me forthwith with the ad's sponsor. There is no need to click on the ad (especially if it's inappropriate), but usually the site address is listed in the lower left hand corner. If no address is listed, the name of the sponsor or product is sufficient. While I can't stop the ad from being displayed before the fact, I can stop it after the fact.

However, I will only ban ads that are inappropriate. Google automatically displays the ads that will generate the most revenue, so banning an ad always results in less revenue. Thus, I prefer only to do it in cases where the ad is inappropriate.

On a sidenote, any registered member can advertise their site in the forums. The only thing I ask is that you not seek money from people. That means you can't be selling something (either as a product or for membership). If you can, I do like it if you tell me before you make the post, although it's not necessary. However, by doing so, you can ensure that (1) your post does not go against site rules, and (2) you can say you ran it by me.

she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake