Young Writers Society

New YWS Feedback

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:45 pm
Blink says...

Love the menu!

(And I think someone's being PMing themselves too much :wink: )
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:01 am
Palantalid says...

I don't know if I'm missing something but even though the portfolios are very organised now-- how do I see whether a member has posted a piece recently without being a friend. The old portfolios gave an idea of old and new. How about a section for a member's works posted in the last two weeks?
What syllable are you seeking,
Vocalissimus,
In the distances of sleep?
Speak it.
—Wallace Stevens, “To the Roaring Wind”

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:17 pm
Nate says...

Friday update!

Here's how the front page looks now:

As you can tell, it looks almost done now, and it is. However, this is just the home page and there are a million other pages still to do.

There are only two changes layout wise. First, the recent posts area has been reduced from two columns to one. Second, the main content area has been expanded by 10% due to the suggestions of Big Brother.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:04 pm
Stori says...

I want to suggest you put point count on every page. It's irritating, having to go back and forth between my profile and the forums.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:47 pm
Demeter says...

Is there still going to be the "Top Points" thing? Because I find it rather interesting. ;)

I'm using Safari, and everything works well with it. Still, when I once visited YWS with an Internet Explorer, the avatars of the Featured Member, the Random Member, and all your friends in your profile were showing, which isn't happening with Safari. It's not really bothering me, but I couldn't help thinking that I'm missing something more important just because I have Safari.

It's going to take me some time to get used to the new YWS... I'm just a person who doesn't like change at first. Though there's no doubt that the new site will be really good.

I wouldn't, however, like any major changes on the profiles. I mean, it would just go all messy if members could choose their profiles' outward appearance.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:24 am
Monki says...

I would absolutely HATE for YWS to become some sort of mini-MySpace. I hate MySpace. However, I think it would be fantastic if members could choose what their profile looks like. It's a way to express yourself and who you are as a person. I know there are already many ways to express yourself on YWS (writing, blog, avatar, siggy, etc..), but come on! What's one more added to the list? ;) xD
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:55 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

I have a suggestion. I was looking through other sites and came across this:

Diaries are private forums. They can be accessed only by invitation.

Sounds like a good idea. I know we have blogs, but this is much more interactive.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:17 am
Rosendorn says...

1- I'm wondering the same thing as Dem about the Top Points list. I like that.

2- I'd like to see more steps between "Young Writer's Society Forum Index" and the current page. When I'm in Groups or anywhere on the Lit. forums, I have to click on the respective button in the header to get back to the home page of that aria. If you were in Groups, for example, it'd look like this: Young Writer's Society Forum Index>> Groups>> Debate Group (or whatever). I think it'd make navigating a little easier.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 am
Alice says...

Yay theres green! Just in the YWS name header thing, but its enough to please me :)

The site looks pretty!

Oh is it possible for the site to automaticly change our pictures to the right size?
I just lost the game.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:48 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

Are you tired of me and Kite yet? *wicked grin*

I suggest we make the points more consistent. You can get fifty points (extreme case) for a few words, or twelve points for a whole review.

My idea is the one they use for htpp://www.writing.com
Each person sets an automatic count for reviews of a certain word count. (ex. 200 points for 4000 words or more)

Please take this into consideration.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:43 pm
jasmine12 says...

The only thing that bothers me is that you have to re-italicise everything once you copied and pasted it into the reply box.
Other than that, i see no problems. XD
"Sometimes the worst bad guy makes the best good guy." Nigel--Untouched

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:14 pm
Tatra says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:2- I'd like to see more steps between "Young Writer's Society Forum Index" and the current page. When I'm in Groups or anywhere on the Lit. forums, I have to click on the respective button in the header to get back to the home page of that aria. If you were in Groups, for example, it'd look like this: Young Writer's Society Forum Index>> Groups>> Debate Group (or whatever). I think it'd make navigating a little easier.

I second this idea. It's something that I've thought of a time or two when I mistakenly click on 'Young Writers Society Forum Index' and think that it's going to take me back to the Literature Forums. I mean, I think that 'Young Writers Society Forum Index >> Literature Forum >> Fantasy Forum' could work. And, yes, I do know that there's a link right at the top of the page under the header, but I keep forgetting and clicking on the link above the forum. :D And that just leads to more procrastination... :wink:
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

I'm also not sure why but even though I normally wear cool tones I have a feeling red would have been my color in the 1860s.
— Elinor