z

Young Writers Society

What Do You Love About YWS?

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:46 pm
Squall says...

I joined YWS because I like to be able to create something that no one else has. It gives this strange feeling of satisfaction, knowing that what you made belongs to you and that you've placed your own thoughts, ideas and feelings into the work. Not many hobbies allow you to do that.

Also, the community on YWS is fairly diverse and we can all learn from what each other's experiences and style and be able to express ourselves. If we make a mistake, then we can learn from it though constructive critiques instead of "ego stroking" or putting someone else down.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:20 pm
niccy_v says...

I only joined to get people to read my writing and critique it. And likewise to read others' work and learn from them.

So far I'm twice as good since joining

:)
Writing gives my life purpose

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:38 pm
WaterVyper says...

I love the sense of community here.

*pouts* You beat me to that. Granted, it's been a couple of months, but... Well, on other forums, I'm known for reviving threads. Anyway, everyone's really kind and caring, ready to help anyone. Then, there's also the randomness, and everything else.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:03 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

Haha, yeah community beats all. I love it here. I mean, by even saying I love it "here" there must be some kind of community, right? YWS isn't just a website lol

And of course, my writing has gotten much better over the approx 3 months since I've joined. Its great!

- JC
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor