z

Young Writers Society

Now Accepting Submissions for YWS Webzine

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:26 am
Nate says...

So you want to submit something for the YWS Webzine, eh? Well, we'll pretty much take anything, but just to go over particular genres of writing, you can submit any of the following types:

- Story
- Poem
- News article (current events or historical event)
- Opinion (should be pertinent to the present, but can be historical)
- Artwork
- Writing Tips
- etc.

To submit a piece, do not post it here! Mail it to webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com. In regards to copyright, the author retains all intellectual property rights to their work. All the author gives to YWS is the permission to publish the piece in the webzine.

If there are any questions regarding submissions, feel free to pm me. Keep in mind that submissions are voted on by the editorial board and not all submissions will be published.
Last edited by Nate on Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

425 Reviews

Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:07 am
Nate says...

Oh, and submissions are allowed from members of the YWS webzine editorial board.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:14 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Oh, phew...so if an editor submits it, the other editors will look at it and see if its the cream of the crop?
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:54 am
View Likes
ZZAP says...

Yep, that's right! Nate, you know I'm in already... It should be editorial format though, to keep it nice and tidy! Fluuuu! I wish I had time right now to start on it! :oops:

-Z

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:20 am
Firestarter says...

Cool...!

Haha I'm part of my school magazine too....though this obviously has priority, the school mag will probably be rubbish...I don't think my fellow reporters are very good at college!

Anyhoo, I'll get started when I have some ideas...
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:35 pm
A.O. Avalon says...

could, by any chance, there be a place for book/movie/music reviews/recommendations? it could be a circulating thing... people sign up, and then pick a book, or albumn or movie they wish to reflect on. it can be retroactive too...for instance, i might recommend my favorite book, which is several years old.

anyway just some food for thought.
"El sueƱo de la razon produce monstrisos"
--Fransisco de Goya

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:54 pm
penny says...

would someone care to explain to penny exactly what a webzine is? please? lol

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:05 pm
Firestarter says...

could, by any chance, there be a place for book/movie/music reviews/recommendations? it could be a circulating thing... people sign up, and then pick a book, or albumn or movie they wish to reflect on. it can be retroactive too...for instance, i might recommend my favorite book, which is several years old.

Like it, like it, like it.

Can we do music reviews? I'm a-twitching to do some reviewing!

would someone care to explain to penny exactly what a webzine is? please? lol

Just like a web magazine. Web-zine? Get it? eh, eh?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:53 pm
View Likes
ZZAP says...

It's a magazine sent my mail, usually... And also if available through the web. If anyone more experienced then computers then me would correct me, do so. I'm going to write about Writer's Blocks...

-Z

425 Reviews

Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:26 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Just to warn everyone, I am placing a cut-off date. If you want to have your work in the January inaugural issue, then you must submit your work by December 25, or Christmas. If it is not in by December 25, then your work will not be published until the next issue (probably in February). The webzine will not be going out until January 5th, but the editors need time to read it and I need time to fit it into the layout.

Submission Deadline: December 25th

You sound like you're becoming emotionally involved with the custard.
— Nikki Morgan