z

Young Writers Society

Rate Those Works!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:42 am
Nate says...

Why should you rate your works? A few reasons...

Reason number 1: It'll show up on the front page

Reason number 2: Rated works get more reviews on average than unrated works

Reason number 3: It's good for the environment.

As long as your work does not deserve an R rating, then you do not need to rate it! However, if you don't, it won't show up on the front page and you do get fewer reviews.

Difference In The Ratings

Note that the YWS ratings are not the same as movie ratings. The bar for an R rating is much lower than it is for movies. In fact, most PG-13 movies would probably be rated as R on YWS.

G: Appropriate for everyone!

PG: Appropriate for ages 8 and up.

PG-13: Appropriate for ages 13 and up.

R: If it contains any more than mild swearing (the 'd' word is quite mild. The 's' word is mild, but only if used sparingly), then it must be rated R. For instance, just one instance of the 'f' word gets a work an R rating.

An R rating should also be given to works containing innuendo as well as lewd conduct. Extreme violence should also get an R rating. Sex scenes if done tastefully may be PG-13, but if explicit, should be R.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:33 pm
Alainna says...

Eeek!! I always forget to rate the chapters of Lyla that have the 'f' word in them 'R'. I always automatically rate them PG-13.

I shall be better from now on.

xx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:48 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Okay, this makes me feel better. I was a little concerned about the rating system and what's allowed or not, but this clears everything up. Thanks for posting this!

(~)Ayumi(~)
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings.
— Dean Jackson