z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:32 pm
Jenthura says...

Time of Incident: Every time I log on (GMT +7)
Browser: All browsers
Page You Were On: My Notifications
Describe What Happened: I receive numerous notifications from the exact same thread, exact same post. It seems to be selective, though, because when I recieve notifications from, say Skins, I get four notifs (and that stopped now). But when I get them from mickizozo, I often get up to eight or nine notifs (and that hasn't stopped).
It all seems very random and weird. Could it have anything to do with the new counting system you added to the notifications?

Anyways, thanks for fixing the drop-down sign-in: it works perfectly well. Clicking the red login button below doesn't take me to a login screen, but rather drops the login dropdown thing. XD
-ж-Ж-ж-

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:58 am
Rosendorn says...

Jenthura wrote:Time of Incident: Every time I log on (GMT +7)
Browser: All browsers
Page You Were On: My Notifications
Describe What Happened: I receive numerous notifications from the exact same thread, exact same post. It seems to be selective, though, because when I recieve notifications from, say Skins, I get four notifs (and that stopped now). But when I get them from mickizozo, I often get up to eight or nine notifs (and that hasn't stopped).
It all seems very random and weird. Could it have anything to do with the new counting system you added to the notifications?

Anyways, thanks for fixing the drop-down sign-in: it works perfectly well. Clicking the red login button below doesn't take me to a login screen, but rather drops the login dropdown thing. XD

For comments on your wall? They tend to be exponential. Ie- the more replies you've made on a post on your wall, the more notifications you get from them. It happens on and off with me, too.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:05 am
borntobeawriter says...

Thanks Matt!

Hope I'm doing this right, but I'm having troubles with the side bar. I can't scroll down and put highlight anything, the text goes up and down like crazy.

This is the info from the link Matt gave me:

Your Browser User Agent String is
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; EasyBits GO v1.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C)

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:08 pm
ultraviolet says...

A while ago, I changed the name of my novel "The Deserter" to "The Tattoo Engineer" when revising. Now, on the novel page, I can't get rid of the old chapters. I go to edit it, and on the page where you check or uncheck potential chapters, they don't show up. This isn't really that big of a deal, but it looks cluttered and I'd rather not have them associated with each other since they're a lot different.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:24 am
lilymoore says...

Just wondering because I know Kylan reported something about this earlier but is the search feature fixing thingie still being worked on because when I search my username for instance, only 10 results show up.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:31 pm
Rosendorn says...

The ad in the header blocks the login menu from the drop-down panel again.

Spoiler! :
Screen shot 2011-06-21 at 8.28.15 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-06-21 at 8.28.15 AM.png (86.89 KiB) Viewed 308 times

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.21.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.5 Safari/533.21.1
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:45 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

Jenthura is having trouble getting on to the site; he says that he gets a "CloudFlare Error" every time he tries. He's thinking it might be some kind of regional problem. Apparently he posted this on the YWS Facebook page as well.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:13 pm
Jenthura says...

The issue RH named above me has been resolved. Thanks, Nate!
-ж-Ж-ж-

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:18 am
Dreamwalker says...

Hey Nate!

So I'm really very sorry to be back again cause I know you're very busy with everything, but the original problem I had reported before seems to have come back again. I tried out all the methods given on the initial thread post but they didn't appear to help this certain problem.

Time of Incident: 10:54, Eastern Timezone.

Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C) (or Mozilla/4.0 to be exact)

Page You Were On: This is the original place where it started up again but it does the same thing in any reply boxes I try to access, whether that be reviewing, blogging and alike.

Describe What Happened: The reply boxes don't seem to work for me after a certain amount of characters are written. It will start sending me back to the top every time I type a letter. This only happens, though, after a good thousand or so characters are written.

Hey again. So I'm sorry I'm back D:.

But, unfortunately, the problem above seems to be reoccuring once again.

Instead of just fixing it up, I was wondering if there was any way in which I could fix it so that when it does occur again I would know what to do. If not, I understand, but I fear that I'm bugging.

I'm so sorry!
~Walker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:26 am
Nate says...

Dreamwalker, the problem is a bug inherent in Internet Explorer 8. There are some work-arounds I've already implemented that don't seem to be working, and unfortunately I'm not sure how much more I can do. I'm trying, but if you download any other browser, the problem will vanish.

Here are two good alternatives:
Google Chrome

Firefox

If you can't download or install another browser, just download this:
Google Chrome Frame for Internet Explorer

It's an extension for Internet Explorer that basically turns it into Google Chrome without you having to download or install a new browser.

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:44 am
Nate says...

I think I may have fixed the Internet Explorer 8 jumping scroll-bar issue, but it's difficult for me to test if that's really the case. So to everyone who has had problems with it, can you please confirm that posting is now working properly? Thank you.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:12 pm
Dreamwalker says...

The problem with internet 8 still appears to be there. I tried Firefox, though, and the problem, as you stated, does not include it. So I'll probably stick with this browser.

That and the site seems to work quite a bit faster on Firefox. It would take a little more time to load on Internet 8.

Thanks!
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:53 pm
Nate says...

Well that sucks. Maybe there's a few other work-arounds I can try.

But aye, YWS loads significantly faster in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari versus Internet Explorer.

425 Reviews

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:29 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Jumping scroll-bar problem while typing has finally been fixed.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:51 pm
Kale says...

Time of Incident (include your timezone): 5 PM EST
Browser: IE 8.0
Page You Were On: Every page
Describe What Happened: The ad in the footer makes things disappear on the page. In the case of the forums, the background disappears, as well as the sections like Who's Online, Birthdays, and Statistics.

Bug1.png
Bug1.png (144.15 KiB) Viewed 212 times

Whenever I make a reply, the screen winds up either entirely or partially blank where usually a "your post has been submitted" message appears, and the redirect does not work.

Bug2.png
Bug2.png (64.48 KiB) Viewed 212 times

Bug3.png
Bug3.png (68.93 KiB) Viewed 212 times

This only happens with the bottom ad, as soon as it becomes visible. The top ad is fine.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

"Everything you can imagine is real."
— Pablo Picasso