z

Young Writers Society

Bye To Chess & Suduko

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:53 pm
Nate says...

Over the next few days, Chess and Suduko will be removed from YWS. I'm trying to reduce clutter on the site, and part of that includes unnecessary aspects of YWS. At the time I added them in, I thought they would make sense. However, they never really did. People hardly used them, other sites do it much better, and the Chess function actually even slows the site down by a bit.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:05 am
Flemzo says...

My beloved sudoku.... ;_;

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:13 am
Loose says...

Oh no, not sudoku!

:(

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:36 am
LowKey says...

:(

Aw, man.....

Oh well. I'll live. In any case, they weren't the primary attraction to YWS, or they shouldn't have been. And like you said. there are other sites. :)

We could also be old fashioned and get a book of Sudoku. You know, the paper version? :) And there are lots of sites with a chess feature. Not so much of an issue.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:58 am
Nate says...

Heh, I have so many huge books of Suduko that people gave me last Christmas (2006, not 2007). I love playing it myself too, but it just doesn't fit right with the site.

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:06 am
Wolf says...

Oh, well, I never played it anyways. Last time I attempted Chess, it ended with me laughing hysterically and inventing dialogue between the chess pieces. :}
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:12 am
Teague says...

Nate wrote:Heh, I have so many huge books of Suduko that people gave me last Christmas (2006, not 2007).

Welcome to my world. I have enough Sudoku materials to last the next six years. My family thinks I'm obsessed. -.-

I personally prefer the paper version myself. I've played a few games here and my style just kind of doesn't click with it. Personally, I have no attachment to either. Whatever benefits the site. ^^

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:51 am
JabberHut says...

I only touched Sudoku here a few times. It's not a real heartbreaker. *stares at pile of Sudoku books* I'm actually glad that the site might not be as slow to load. ^^; Those are precious seconds of critiquing wasted! :D

I never touched the chess, though. Countless times I told myself to try it out (I never totally stunk at the game) but I had other priorities on the site. *shrug* There's a reason I joined the site. :wink:

Do what's necessary, Nate. We'll forgive you...eventually. :D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:02 pm
Leja says...

Goodbye, fair chess; I shall remember you fondly! ^^

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held