z

Young Writers Society

A Possible Big Change To Stories & Poems

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:05 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

It's not like the rules would make it extremely difficult for people to post their work - two good reviews is all it takes, and if people can't be bothered to review other people's writing before submitting their own, they are being rather selfish and unfair, in my opinion. I am in full support of this.

Also, I'm with nutty - if someone has posted many pieces in a row, I will ignore those threads completely and go review work from someone who has followed the rules.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:21 pm
~Volant~ says...

Great idea! I do agree with the padding issue, though. Other than that, there will always be past things to review. The problem with work is that instead of getting several reveiws over the course of months, you get a few within 24-hours, and everyone wil forget about it. Maybe this can help that out a little.
Where are we going?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:16 pm
Nate says...

Gwenevire wrote:ts just making it harder for us to get our work up.
I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that's a bad thing?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:38 pm
Reakeda says...

I guess it is convenient in some ways but for other people that don't get on YWS every day, and only post there stories and reviews very little it will be hard for them to have enough money to post there stuff. Unless of coarse you did not reset the points every week.

Actually, no, resetting the points does not make it any harder for people who don't post that much to get their work up. If you'll read what's been previously said you'll notice that by resetting the points Nate is allowing three free posts basically. It just means that they wouldn't be able to post more than three at a time unless they took the time to get out a couple good reveiws, which they should do anyways. Also, if they aren't posting a lot then they won't even need the three freebies.

~Rea

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:07 pm
Nate says...

Just implemented! As I've stated before, the only people that will notice a change are those who post their work, but refuse to review the work of others.

As it is implemented, I have locked this thread and will soon begin another as the change is no longer "possible."

When one is highly alert to language, then nearly everything begs to be a poem.
— James Tate