z

Young Writers Society

YWS Radio Program Episode #1, September 30, 4 to 5 EST

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:10 am
Nate says...

What browser is everyone using? I just checked their FAQ and apparently it only works in Internet Explorer; the 'click to talk' button that is.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:14 am
Emerson says...

Firefox is love! :)

Stupid Internet Explorer...oh well, at least we figured one part out.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:14 am
Sam says...

Is there a place where you can download Internet Explorer for free? I'm on a Mac- ergo, Safari or Firefox. Directly from the computer might be easier for calling in. ^_^
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:19 am
Nate says...

Nate wrote:What browser is everyone using? I just checked their FAQ and apparently it only works in Internet Explorer; the 'click to talk' button that is.

I just tested this, and still didn't see it. So I have no idea what's going on with it.

If you're overseas and concerned about the long distance billing, check out Skype. I'm not entirely sure how it would work, but you could register a number using skype with a US (347) area code, which should allow you to call in for free.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:47 am
AWritersFantasy says...

I use Firefox on both my Mac and laptop. I would have to use the laptop if I found my headset to do it through the computer, I think, because I don't think there's a place to plug in my headset on my Mac. I'm hoping that I'll be able to use the computer rather than calling in on the land line, but the land line seems to be working better for everyone I think.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:55 am
Lynlyn says...

Nate wrote:
Nate wrote:What browser is everyone using? I just checked their FAQ and apparently it only works in Internet Explorer; the 'click to talk' button that is.

I just tested this, and still didn't see it. So I have no idea what's going on with it.

If you're overseas and concerned about the long distance billing, check out Skype. I'm not entirely sure how it would work, but you could register a number using skype with a US (347) area code, which should allow you to call in for free.

I used Firefox and Internet Explorer to listen, and I didn't see a button.

Also, I'm pretty sure you have to buy credit on Skype to call a landline. Calls to the US and Canada were free for a year when it was first released, but I think you have to pay now. It's still cheaper than most long-distance calls (only a few cents a minute) but it's a pain to load up and you have to use some of your balance every six months in order to keep it active.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
— Albus Dumbledore