z

Young Writers Society

Advance Your Profile With More Info. and Friends

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:42 am
Nate says...

Over the course of the past few days, profiles have become a little more advanced. A quick overview:

Featured Works

You can now highlight up to three different works in your profile! To do this, all you need to do is go to 'My YWS' ->> 'My Miscellaneous'. You just type in the topic numbers of the works you wish to highlight, and viola! They appear with the title and description in your profile.

For more info, see:
topic19722.html

Misc. Personal Info.

Besides the usual, you can now let everyone know what your favorite book is, what you want to be, your favorite food, etc. Just go to "My YWS" ->> "My Preferences" to update everything.

YWS Friends

You can now show all your friends on YWS right on your profile! To add someone, you just go to their profile.

For more info. see:
ywsblog/?p=412

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:27 am
1dering at stars says...

Hi, I'm sort of new an I can't find 'my YWS' anywhere. Help?
Of course it's happening in your mind, but why on earth should that mean it isn't real?

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:28 am
1dering at stars says...

Oops! never mind, I found it! Sorry!
Of course it's happening in your mind, but why on earth should that mean it isn't real?

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:30 pm
Azila says...

I'm having a little trouble with my Featured Works. My first two worked fine, but when I tried to make a third it didn't work. All that shows up is "No Rating" and it's not even a link! The most confusing part (I think) is that the story I'm trying to use IS rated. I've tried and retried like fifteen times now and it just isn't working. Advise, anyone?

Thanks!

~Azila~
P.S. This is the right place to post a question, right?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Nate says...

Hey Azila, yours is a common issue. What's going on is you're trying to use the post id number, not the topic id number. Look at the url. If it says "postXXXXX.html" then that's the wrong one. Instead, you want "topicXXXXX.html."

To solve any confusion, I've added the topic ID number to all pages. To find the topic ID number, look above where it says "Author" on the very first post, and right below the topic title.

Hope that helps!

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:13 pm
Azila says...

Oh, thank you so much, Nate! You're a miracle!

~Azila~

i exist in a constant state of confusion so its ok
— veeren