z

Young Writers Society

And We're Back

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:47 pm
Nate says...

Little Tin Fish ->> Read my post just a few up from yours. It says:

If you are missing an avatar or profile photo, you will have to re-upload it. Just normal moving problems

Kaz ->> I saw your post, but was unable to duplicate it so it may be your computer. Can you send me a thread where the error is happening to you? Please send it via PM.

On the Review Count ->> I resynced the database with the site to resolve a lot of problems that were arising. As a result of resyncing, your post count and review count got changed. I'll illustrate this with an example because it's easier to explain that way...

Say your review count was 155 and you then reviewed a story by Timmy, which made your review count 156. However, Timmy's story, for one reason or another, was deleted later on. After the deletion of the story, your review count was still 156, despite the fact that the 156th review you made no longer existed. When you resync the database, though, only your existing reviews get counted. So after resyncing, your review count gets adjusted to what reviews currently exist, which is 155 in this example.

Does that make sense? It's something that will only happen when the site moves, which I do not anticipate happening for at least another couple of years.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:49 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Yes, it does. mine went down by five which I was going to bring up, but now we know why so I guess I'm good.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:47 pm
Via says...

Haha I was about to say something too.

I'm having trouble viewing profiles......but that could just be me? I click on the links and it just sits there like i never clicked it...
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:52 pm
Nate says...

write me wrote:Haha I was about to say something too.

I'm having trouble viewing profiles......but that could just be me? I click on the links and it just sits there like i never clicked it...

Trouble viewing profiles? That's a bit odd. Which links are you trying to click?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:14 pm
Emerson says...

That makes sense!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:18 pm
Alice says...

Maybe its a pop-up blocker, if you're going through the chat room. You have to do it twice if its that then, I have the same problem sometimes and that always solves it.
I just lost the game.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:39 pm
Kylan says...

Everyone's complaining about loosing posts, but I've gained them! Before YWS went down I had about 220 posts. Now I have 240! And I'm not complaining! :wink:

Wierd.

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:25 pm
logosgal says...

Kylan wrote:Everyone's complaining about loosing posts, but I've gained them! Before YWS went down I had about 220 posts. Now I have 240! And I'm not complaining!

Wierd.

-Kylan
I think I gained some, too. I definitely gained a review. Other that that, everything seems to be working fine for me. I pretty much missed the move, too, since my dad usually gets the computer almost all day on Saturdays. :roll:
Anyway, thanks for getting us back up quickly and reasonably smoothly, Nate! :smt041
Home is where the books are.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:29 pm
Poltergiest says...

Hey! I just noticed I lost alot of reviews! I had 120 something but now I only have 80! Whats happening???!!!!

~Pol~
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:40 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I still haven't checked mine yet - and I can't see the reason 'cause I can't get to the other page.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:07 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey! I just noticed I lost alot of reviews! I had 120 something but now I only have 80! Whats happening???!!!!

Pol, Nate has posted an explanation at the top of this page.

Please actually bother to read the thread before you complain.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor