z

Young Writers Society

IMPORTANT: HARRY POTTER, NO SPOILERS!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:38 am
Nate says...

With the news that the ending to Harry Potter VII has already leaked out and is widely available, I wanted to take extra precautions on this site to ensure that no one spoils the end for anyone (well, mostly me, but I'm sure others will appreciate it).

If you know the ending to Harry Potter, do not say it in the forums or in the chatroom or anywhere else on YWS. If you do so, and you did so purposefully, I will take the admittedly draconian step of banning you from YWS for a period of at least one week and perhaps more.

G'day! :P
Last edited by Nate on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:58 am
Black Ghost says...

Thanks for that, Nate. I'd die if someone spoiled it for me. :(

MM

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:09 am
Alice says...

Yay! Nate has protected me from the spoilers on this site, now just some ear plugs to protect me from my sister.
I just lost the game.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:22 pm
Alainna says...

Good one, Nate. I'd go mental if anyone dare spoiled the ending for me...But how long until we can discuss it?

Alainna
xxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:25 pm
JabberHut says...

You're my savior, Nate! I would like to read an HP book and figure the ending out for myself for a change.
I make my own policies.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:26 pm
Ofour says...

Hear, hear.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:06 am
Snoink says...

I love you. <3
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:44 am
Jennafina says...

I love you. <3

Aye. *claps*
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:07 am
AWritersFantasy says...

Unfortunately I received not one but two emails with spoilers today...and then I received another email that didn't give any spoilers but basically made fun of the "NO SPOILER ZONE" post I have publicly up at my Livejournal and sent it to two of my e-mail addresses and replied to two of my Livejournal posts with it. Luckily for me, one of the Livejournal communities they commented in logs IP addresses, so I not only have an IP address of at least one troll, but I have three email addresses at the moment.

If you want me to PM the IP address/emails so that you can ban their emails/the IP address from coming to the site (because any mention of Harry Potter is going to bring these trolls along), then say the word and I'll give them to you. :|

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:33 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I fear the internet has already spoiled one of the deaths in the book for me. It was earlier before the leak was officially reported, so maybe it was a fake.

Anyways, the internet is a total Harry Potter spoiler trap right now. Kinda frustrating.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:58 am
Sureal says...

I've just gotta keep from running into any spoilers for another two days...

And a big thankee has to be given to Nate, for making this easier. :)
I wrote the above just for you.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:20 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Thank you Nate - at least YWS is safe! And I'm hating the internet right now. The temptation to read the New York Times' [illegal(sort of)] review of the book is really overwhelming. We're just so close to finding out everything.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

Reviews: 0
Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:25 pm
&&ampersandWHY? says...

*hasn't been on in forever*

Good; I'm glad at least one site is 'banning' spoilers. Unfortunately for me, I'm a member of the site that was subpoened by Scholastic due to another member leaking the book - and I looked at the leak, too x__X And then my friend went and told me some possible spoilers...I'm hoping that it wasn't legit, because I'll be devastated if the death I was told about is true.
"You're Featherina, the loose cannon cop in a tutu who knows no boundaries and carries around a shotgun named Sissy."

La la LA!

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:26 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

I'm hating the internet as well. Last night I was up until 3 AM and just before I was going to go to bed, I saw that someone had made a post in the introduction section of my board, which is where you have to go to be given permission to register so you can see the rest of the board. The post had a huge family tree sort of chart listing all of the characters who are supposedly going to be killed off in the book. I immediately banned their IP address and deleted the post but I was NOT happy. I had to make it so that only the announcements section is viewable to others until this thing with the book dies down. :|

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:58 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Four words: Thank God for Nate. =D

Thanks so much!

I would get seriously MAD if this was the site to spoil everything for me....
ohmeohmy

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.
— Corey Ford