z

Young Writers Society

Dynamic Avatar FAQ

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:25 pm
Nate says...

What is a Dynamic Avatar?
A dynamic avatar, or Davvie, is a type of avatar that you create and customize. At YWS, this means that you start off with a base body and then you can select what type of mouth and type of eyes that you want. Also, when you begin, there is one article of clothing (the brown tunic) that you can use to clothe your avatar with.

Where can I create it?

If you click on the Profile link at the top of the page, you'll be taken to the edit profile screen. From here, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a section labelled "Dynamic Avatar." At the bottom of this section, you'll find a button that reads "Create Avatar." Just click on that button (it opens in a new window) and you'll be taken to he davvie screen. You can also get to the davvie screen by just clicking "Dynamic Avatar" link in the General board navigation menu (viewable on the home and forum index pages).

How does it work?

The davvie screen is set up such that almost everything is graphical and instantaneous. For instance, clicking on the brown tunic will automatically put the brown tunic on your davvie, although you may have to wait a few seconds for your browser to download the new image. For the base body, the eyes, and the mouth, you will have to select from the dropdown boxes. These, again, are instaneously added, although you may have to wait a few seconds for your browser to download the new image.

How do I unequip an item?

To unequip an item, you will have to refresh/reload the page.

I refreshed/reloaded the page and now everything has disappeared! I can't see my davvie now!

That's normal. Every time you go to customize your davvie, you will have to select everything all over again. Otherwise, you'd never be able to unequip anything.

Okay, I'm done customizing/creating my davvie. What do I do now?

Just click on "save changes" and you're done! To see your davvie, you can go to one of your latest posts or check in your profile.

I want hair! My avatar looks ugly!

To get hair, click on the "Points Store" link in the General Board Navigation Menu (viewable on the home and forum index pages), then click on "Fitzgerald's Barber Shop." From there, you can select what type of hair you want.

How do I get more items for my davvie?

To get more items, you need to go to the Points Store, which is linked to in the General Board Navigation menu (viewable on the home and forum index pages). From there, you can go to any of the shops, including Pooh's Pet Shop or Hemmingway's Fashions. Then if you find something you like, just click on the item then click "buy" [itemname] on the new screen. However, to buy something, you will need to have the points necessary to do it. For instance, if the item you want costs 1000 points, but you only have 50, then you will not be able to buy that item.

I have a question that's not here. Who can I ask?

You can ask anybody in the Big Brother group, the site admin (Nate), or almost anyone else here as everyone is glad to help out.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:03 pm
Shadow Knight says...

Neonshorty is having problems with her avatar.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:13 am
Bobo says...

How do I get my static avatar back? If I knew that wasn't an option I would never have gotten a davvie!

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory