z

Young Writers Society

Dynamic Avatar & Points Store

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:35 am
Nate says...

Another update... all shops are now graphical so now you don't need to bother clicking on an item to see what it looks like.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:27 am
Ego says...

thanks Nate. You have once again proven that we need you as president. You listen to the people and give em exactly what they want.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:40 am
Midnight says...

I've brought stuff but my avator won't change.
available

425 Reviews

Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:35 pm
Nate says...

Midnight wrote:I've brought stuff but my avator won't change.

Just go to the "Dynamic Avatar" screen, which is linked to in the board navigation menu. Or just click here.

However, if you've already done that and the stuff is not showing up, pm me with the items in question. It's very possible that I screwed up somewhere :D

425 Reviews

Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:12 am
Nate says...

Another update!

The opening screen of the Points Store has been improved to make it look better. Also, a new store called "Suess' Shoes" has been added.

425 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:31 am
Nate says...

Yet another update!

Just added "Pooh's Pet Shop." You can now buy dogs, cats, and other animals for 1000 points each.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:34 am
Ego says...

oooooooo pretty......
Got YWS? I do.

425 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:44 am
Nate says...

I keep on messing around with things...

Anyways, another update. The General Store image on the opening screen of the Points Store is now fully clickable. This means that if you click on Pooh, you will be taken to Pooh's Pet Shop, and if you click on Hemmingway's caveman suit, you'll be taken to Hemingway's Fashions. Fitzgeralds Barber Shop is located right above the sign that says "General Store." Of course, all the links are given below the image just in case.

Also, everyone will recieve an extra 1000 points as soon as midnight EST rolls around. This will be an event that happens at the beginning of each month.
Last edited by Nate on Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:52 am
Ego says...

'tis not working for me...
Got YWS? I do.

425 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:56 am
Nate says...

Hunter wrote:'tis not working for me...

Oops, try again. If you're using one of the YWS Dark templates, then that's why; I forgot to update it for YWS Dark.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:57 am
Ego says...

*thumbs up* workin fine now!
Got YWS? I do.

425 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:14 am
Nate says...

Just as a heads up, there is something wrong with the dynamic avatar; specifically the brown tunic. I have no idea what's going on as it used to work perfectly fine, but something is messed up with it.

425 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:12 am
Nate says...

Fixed the brown tunic problem... I have no idea what went wrong. It just decided to stop working, but when I changed one number to another number I just thought off the top of my head, everything worked.

Anyways...

Just updated the Hemmingway's Fashion shop with more tops for girls. Tomorrow I'll finally add more dresses, and I'm also going to add more hairstyles for guys. I also plan on adding a shop for backgrounds for your avatar sometime this week. For instance, you could have a blue background, a space background, a background with the picture of the Eiffel tower, etc. Of course, points would vary for each with something like a blue background being about 500 points, and something like an Eiffel tower background being 3000 points.

425 Reviews

Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:50 pm
Nate says...

Points system has changed! It's been too easy to get the maximum 100 points, so I changed it such that each character in a post is now worth only .1 points. This means that in order to get the full 100 points, a post will have to be around 140 words.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:10 pm
niteowl says...

Something's wrong. When I try to change my davvie, I can't see the body, so I can't really see what it looks like. It's fine on the forum though.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

'This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer. 'I never could get the hang of Thursdays.'
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy