z

Young Writers Society

Temporary Board!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:49 am
View Likes
Sam says...

should i try re-submitting my avatar to you when we switch boards?

i'm currently avatar-less. *sniff*
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:54 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Is your avatar missing? If so, that shouldn't happen... you can resubmit it to me now if you wish as any data added on this board will be kept. Just send it to me at nate_caldwell@yahoo.com. I would say send it my youngwriterssociety admin address, but I may not get it if you send it there (for now).

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:15 am
View Likes
hekategirl says...

This is much much much faster!!! thank you Nate :-)
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:15 am
View Likes
Nate says...

We're still operating at the temporary site, but no longer on the temporary board. I got tired of waiting for the domain to be transferred, so I went ahead and took the time to upload all the code. If there's any problems or anything missing, let me know. Everything should be fine though (except for your old private messages, which have not been lost but will be added back once we switch back).

EDIT: On another, I made a boo boo. When I uploaded all the code, I also deleted the subsilver template. I didn't think anything of this, but it turns out that was a bad thing to do as it meant no one could log on except for a few members. Well, I didn't notice this at all until about 11:30 am EST when I saw that only five posts had been made since midnight, which has never happened before. So I thought that was very strange, did some investigating, and discovered that most members could not log on. Anyways, the problem has been fixed, although you will have to choose what template you want all over again since to fix the problem, I set everyone's default template to YWS steelblue.

425 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:46 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Good news! The main site domain has finally finished transferring to my new hosting provider! This means that by the end of today, the usual domain will be back online.

In order to transfer back, YWS will be shut down later today for a few hours so that I can make a full backup of the database.

425 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:05 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

As it turns out, I never had to make a full backup. Seems that the database automatically transferred, which is great; it means a whole lot less work for me :D

Anyways, the regular site domain is now working again.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson