z

Young Writers Society

New Chatroom

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:27 am
View Likes
Nate says...

After a long search for a new chatroom, I think I've found it. It's remotely hosted, which is nice, and it's at:

www.youngwriterssociety.com/forum/chat.php

Let me know what you think so that I know whether to add it or not.
Last edited by Nate on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:27 am
View Likes
Matt Bellamy says...

Looks good to me. Nice and big and professional and stuff. Thumbs up.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:30 pm
View Likes
Zion says...

Great job Nate.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:24 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Really good, Nate. Thanks!

EDIT: Err, actually, no....At first it worked fine for me, and then suddenly my Firefox browser just closes everytime I try and go on it. Weird. Maybe it's just me *shrugs*, but until it starts working....I don't like it lol. *goes off to try again*

EDIT 2: Okay, it only works if I open it in another browser rather than in a tab. Problem solved.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:51 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

It's nice, but are you ever gonna add a link to it on the main page?
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:05 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Yep, I'm going to add a link to it as soon as I have some issues worked out with it; I want it to be displayed like any other page so that it's seamless with the rest of the site. I'm also trying to find out if there's a way that I can still let everyone know who's in the chat room on the forum index page.

That's weird about the firefox browser; it works fine with mine. It might just have to do with that there are still some kinks with it that need working out.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:11 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Okay, did Firestarter just delete his post because I got the same thing:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/youngwri/public_html/forum/chat.php:2) in /home/youngwri/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 544

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/youngwri/public_html/forum/chat.php:2) in /home/youngwri/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 546

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/youngwri/public_html/forum/chat.php:2) in /home/youngwri/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 547
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:13 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Lol, I deleted it because I think Nate is trying to apply the YWS template or something.

425 Reviews

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:02 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Yep, the error messages have been fixed. The chatroom is also now seamless with the rest of the site. Unfortunately, I will not be able to display a list of who's in the chatroom.

Anyways, there is now a link to the chatroom in the board navigation menu, right underneath "Forum."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:40 pm
View Likes
little x soldier says...

H-hey Nate,
The change is fine, improved. I think I can deal with it.
The chat room is great! More organized and it doesn't disappear (some thing like it) like the last one.

I'd prefer if it shows who is online in the chat room on the forum index though.
"I'm also trying to find out if there's a way that I can still let everyone know who's in the chat room on the forum index page." I guess you couldn't?...
Thx btw... Nice Job..

I waz a lil confused at first because of my own window. I guess it's all right.. And my name. I don't like it how it shows in the chat room... My own fault :oops: .. :lol:
ah, and it doesn't shows what the emotions are but no problem. I'll get used to it.

Hugs xxx~ little x soldier ~xxx
~xS;o:L;d:I;e:Rx~

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:14 pm
View Likes
AstrangedbeaR says...

oooooo!!! nice chatroom, love the colours, very pwetty, would be commingin here loads, i would be honest the old one was kinda annoying when it would refresh ever so oftently.
*AstrangedbeaR*

425 Reviews

Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:11 am
View Likes
Nate says...

I'm going to have to add one new rule for the chatroom:

There is to be no impersonation of other users. I do not care of the surrunding circumstances; any impersonation will result in a one day ban from the board. A member who engages in impersonation for a second time will be banned for a week. Third time could result in banning for a month or more.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:31 am
View Likes
Elizabeth says...

Well I like the idea but I don't have the browser needed or it just won't work for me. I am totally mad.... I don't care if you add it or not because I don't know when I'll get the JAVA or whatever. If I am never online again then you'll know that it's because of this reason... I'll post if I am able to check it out.

425 Reviews

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:35 am
View Likes
Nate says...

To download the latest Java, go here:
http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp

You should get it since a lot websites require it. I was trying very hard to find a new chatroom that did not use Java, but they all were very costly, so I had to go with this one instead.

Chickens are honestly little dinosaurs. And they know it.
— ChieRynn