z

Young Writers Society

New Chatroom

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:29 am
Emma says...

Nate wrote:I'm going to have to add one new rule for the chatroom:

There is to be no impersonation of other users. I do not care of the surrunding circumstances; any impersonation will result in a one day ban from the board. A member who engages in impersonation for a second time will be banned for a week. Third time could result in banning for a month or more.

Hey I didnt understand that.... Could put it in a way which is simpler? :?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:25 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Hey, thats cool. Its way better than the old one. Nice job.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:20 am
Crysi says...

Emma wrote:
Nate wrote:I'm going to have to add one new rule for the chatroom:

There is to be no impersonation of other users. I do not care of the surrunding circumstances; any impersonation will result in a one day ban from the board. A member who engages in impersonation for a second time will be banned for a week. Third time could result in banning for a month or more.

Hey I didnt understand that.... Could put it in a way which is simpler? :?

Since I'm guilty of doing this my first time in there, I'll explain. :wink:

There's a way to change your name while in the chat.. For instance, I temporarily changed my name to "Incandescence." Well, certain people didn't figure out that I had changed my name, and they thought I was Brad. :P Anyway, that would be considered impersonating another member. From there I believe you should understand the rest of the statement.

Yes Nate.. I've been good about that.. so far.. :twisted:

BY THE WAY.. Is there no way to get new/different smileys? The "lol" and winking ones are driving me insane. Probably because I use them way too much. :roll:
Love and Light

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:28 am
Nate says...

Crysi wrote:BY THE WAY.. Is there no way to get new/different smileys? The "lol" and winking ones are driving me insane. Probably because I use them way too much. :roll:

If I paid $75, yes. Otherwise, no...

The chatroom is just a demo version and to add extra stuff, like smilies, I'd have to upgrade and that costs money. I agree with you though; that winking face does not look like a winking face...

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:31 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

SEE? I'm not the only one..

Lol, no pressure then. I'll just have to avoid winking.. or at least I'll have to avoid using that smiley. I suppose I can write it out.. Bah. I'm too lazy. :P
Love and Light

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
— H. Jackson Brown