z

Young Writers Society

New Chatroom

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:29 am
Emma says...

Nate wrote:I'm going to have to add one new rule for the chatroom:

There is to be no impersonation of other users. I do not care of the surrunding circumstances; any impersonation will result in a one day ban from the board. A member who engages in impersonation for a second time will be banned for a week. Third time could result in banning for a month or more.

Hey I didnt understand that.... Could put it in a way which is simpler? :?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:25 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Hey, thats cool. Its way better than the old one. Nice job.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:20 am
Crysi says...

Emma wrote:
Nate wrote:I'm going to have to add one new rule for the chatroom:

There is to be no impersonation of other users. I do not care of the surrunding circumstances; any impersonation will result in a one day ban from the board. A member who engages in impersonation for a second time will be banned for a week. Third time could result in banning for a month or more.

Hey I didnt understand that.... Could put it in a way which is simpler? :?

Since I'm guilty of doing this my first time in there, I'll explain. :wink:

There's a way to change your name while in the chat.. For instance, I temporarily changed my name to "Incandescence." Well, certain people didn't figure out that I had changed my name, and they thought I was Brad. :P Anyway, that would be considered impersonating another member. From there I believe you should understand the rest of the statement.

Yes Nate.. I've been good about that.. so far.. :twisted:

BY THE WAY.. Is there no way to get new/different smileys? The "lol" and winking ones are driving me insane. Probably because I use them way too much. :roll:
Love and Light

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:28 am
Nate says...

Crysi wrote:BY THE WAY.. Is there no way to get new/different smileys? The "lol" and winking ones are driving me insane. Probably because I use them way too much. :roll:

If I paid $75, yes. Otherwise, no...

The chatroom is just a demo version and to add extra stuff, like smilies, I'd have to upgrade and that costs money. I agree with you though; that winking face does not look like a winking face...

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:31 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

SEE? I'm not the only one..

Lol, no pressure then. I'll just have to avoid winking.. or at least I'll have to avoid using that smiley. I suppose I can write it out.. Bah. I'm too lazy. :P
Love and Light

A Prince of Darkness Is a Gentleman
— William Shakespeare