Young Writers Society

Prestige FAQ

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:48 am
View Likes
Nate says...

What is Prestige?
Prestige is a function in which you can rate users on a level of 1 to 10 (1 being low quality, 10 being outstanding) about what you think of the quality of their posts and of their attitude on the board.

Where is it located?
To rate someone, you can either check in their profile or click "Prestige" under their avatar where the "Location" and "Number of Posts" fields are also situated.

Will it mean anything?
Prestige merely reflects what other users think about you. If you have a high prestige, then that means other users value your input and your reviews. Also, as more ratings are made, those with the highest prestige will recieve special recognition.

Can I rate someone more than once?
No. This means you will have to think carefully about your rating of another user since you can only rate them once. Thus, before you rate, you should already have a well-formed idea about the user.
Last edited by Nate on Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:14 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

This is really a good idea. I've never seen it before, on any boards. Hopefully all goes well, and people don't rate badly on purpose.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:05 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

I like the system!!!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:34 pm
View Likes
electricbluemonkey says...

Yes, it is cool. I've got an 8.25...who dares give me a low score?! :D j/k

I noticed it wasn't there before, did you have to download it to the site, Nate?
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

425 Reviews

Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:51 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Yep; it wasn't in the original software. It's used on some other boards, though not many. But from what I've seen it used in other places, anything from a 6 to a 7 is pretty average. People who have an 8 are considered to be really good, and those who have a 9 or above just don't exist.

425 Reviews

Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:21 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Also, if you did rate somebody but you did so when you were angry or just in a bad mood and want to take the rating back, just pm me and tell me what you rated the user. I can then go ahead and change it.

221 Reviews

Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:52 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

Hey, Nate, you said people over 9 didn't exist... THAT MEANS YOU DON'T EXIST!!! Oh no! I've gone crazy and am talking to an imaginary person again!!!!
--Music and Lyrics

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:33 pm
View Likes
electricbluemonkey says...

There, there, dear...*whispers*Agh! I knew that therapy would never work!

Hey, who are you talking to? Who created this site, he never comes on again...oh, I forgot, he doesn't exist...sorry...

J/K
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:08 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

My gosh! That means this board will never change! It'll fall without an owner/creator to hold it up! WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!! Doomed, I say!!!!
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:05 am
View Likes
ZZAP says...

Nate, don't worry about the Prestige aspect of ruining from guests... They don't have access to the forum, only the people who have recently posted are vulnerable. Plus, I don't think they are smart enough to check the memberlist to do it.

-Z

87 Reviews

Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:25 am
View Likes
Perra says...

But members can log out and become guests and try to change Prestige.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

425 Reviews

Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:51 am
View Likes
Nate says...

That'd work, but only for a bit. I look up the database once a day and so I can delete any ratings given by a guest :)

87 Reviews

Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:58 am
View Likes
Perra says...

Ah! Very smart!! For a non-existant person, you can be a genius! :mrgreen:

Need a Critique?

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:15 am
View Likes
Chevy says...

I thought I was a pretty good poster and member...*shrugs* it appears as though I am not, though...I mean, my prestige is like 6. Shame. People don't like me in real life and they don't even like me or the INTERNET!
~Born a Lame~

221 Reviews

Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:20 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

I havn't given anyone a prestige rating, I'm too scared to! Because if they've got * point something or other, I don't want to give them an 8 and bring their score down, I find points more convenient... but the prestige is still good!
--Music and Lyrics

'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11