z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:37 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks @Auxiira for letting me know. It should be good now.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:12 am
Burrow says...

Every time I check my notification, it says that someone responded after you on so so's wall and if its like the second time they did it, I get two notifications and so on, even to ten sometimes. Is this normal?
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:42 am
Dutiful says...

Oh its normal xD
“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:53 am
Burrow says...

like is it meant to be that way?
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:59 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

@Burrow.

Yup, that's normal. Happens to everyone.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

425 Reviews

Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:46 am
Nate says...

Unfortunately, the notifications bug is a long-standing bug that remains as such due to the difficulty of fixing it. But, it is normal.

Anyhow, a heads up to all: I recently transferred WriterFeedPad to a new domain registrar. The transfer is complete, but I'm instantly regretting my decision to do so. Among other issues, the registrar didn't bother preserving the nameserver records. What this means is that instead of resolving to the correct WFP server, the domain name might be resolving to an advertisement page for 1&1 (the new registrar).

I've since fixed the issue, but it can take up to 48 hours for changes to the nameserver records to fully propagate. So, if you're having trouble accessing WFP, rest assured that it's only temporary. For the vast majority of people, it should already be fixed.

207 Reviews

Reviews: 207
Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:54 pm
Rin321 says...

Hey, when I review a piece of work, it will somehow post multiple times! what should I do? I know I am not doing it it- so I am confused! Please help! :)
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a funtastic awesome writer-
what are you?

You are an awesome writer as well-that is what you are

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

425 Reviews

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:45 am
Nate says...

CHRISSY321 wrote:Hey, when I review a piece of work, it will somehow post multiple times! what should I do? I know I am not doing it it- so I am confused! Please help! :)

Hey @Chrissy321, make sure you're only clicking the submit button once. But, don't worry about it. Only one of those reviews will count as such, and multiple posted comments will usually get caught by a mod, who'll clean it up for you.

207 Reviews

Reviews: 207
Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:10 pm
Rin321 says...

Thanks!
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a funtastic awesome writer-
what are you?

You are an awesome writer as well-that is what you are

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:17 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

I'm currently getting weird 504 Gateway Timeout messages. It seems to happen when I'm going to a new page (happened trying to open a PM, trying to go onto profiles, and something else I've forgotten). It just comes up with a blank white page with the 504 Gateway Timeout up the top of the page, and 'cloudflare nginx' underneath. I go back out of the page and it all seems good again for a while. It's been going on for maybe the last 15-20 minutes. Using Google Chrome (latest version) on my Android phone. :-)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

425 Reviews

Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:19 pm
Nate says...

@TriSARAHtops ->> Most likely, just a temporary issue.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:26 pm
TriSARAHtops says...

Okay, thanks! :)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:58 am
CcIsAwesome says...

Hello. I have a problem and was wondering if you knew what was going on or how to fix it. Whenever I try to go on here from my computer, it say that the website can't be desplayed. Right now I am on my tablet, and it's working but, I still can't get it to work on my computer. I waited a bit before asking in case it fixed its self. It's been a few weeks and, still hasn't worked. I love this webite, but as I'm sure you know, mobile isn't very user friedly. I wish I could go on more, and it's easyer and more convinot on my computer. Please help?
Google Chrom should be the newest but, no sure how to check
system windows 7 I believe, school laptop not mine

425 Reviews

Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:22 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@CcIsAwesome ->> Normally when that happens, it's because YWS is being blocked by the network your computer runs on. One way to test this is to open Chrome, open an incognito window, and then try accessing YWS.

If YWS still doesn't load, there's a few possible reasons why. One is it's being blocked. The second is that there's something wrong with the connection between your computer and YWS. In either case, there's nothing you or I can do about it. But, if you have an antivirus program running, that can also be the issue. YWS updated its SSL certificate a few weeks ago, and old antivirus programs will sometimes not recognize this and thus refuse to load the site. So if you have an antivirus program running, try disabling it. If YWS loads after disabling the antivirus program, then make sure your antivirus is fully updated. You can also try clearing your antivirus' cache (you'll have to google how to do this for your specific antivirus program).

If YWS does load in incognito mode, then there's an issue with the cache in your browser. To clear the cache, go to the Chrome menu ->> More Tools ->> Clear browsing data. The only checkboxes that you need to mark are "cached images and files" and "clear cookies and other site data." Be sure to select "from the beginning of time" as well. However, that will also log you out of any sites you are currently logged into, which can be annoying.

Hope that helps.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:45 pm
CcIsAwesome says...

Thanks @ Nate (I hope that's how I tag you) I'll try it and if none of this work
s I'll let you know. Thanks again. :-)

One is not born, but rather becomes a woman.
— Simone de Beauvoir, The Second Sex