z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue May 31, 2011 5:32 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Jenthura ->> Can you go here: http://mybrowserinfo.com/ and copy the part where it says "Your Browser User Agent String is "? Thanks.

Tinkembell ->> Not really a bug, though it may be unexpected. Each time someone replies following one of your replies on a comment, you get a notification. If someone replies 8 times after your reply, then you'll get 8 notifications.

Regarding WriterFeedPad ->> Any connection timeout problems are probably due to just a busy server. WFP requires a lot of server resources, and yesterday I was doing a bunch of very server-intensive stuff.

Everyone ->> Please follow the report a bug format on the first post of this thread. It helps me a lot whereas not following it just creates more work and more frustration for everyone.

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:56 pm
Jenthura says...

Here you go, Nate.

Your IP Adress wrote:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/9.0.597.107 Safari/534.13

Sorry about not following protocol.
-ж-Ж-ж-

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:14 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Hey Nate!

So I'm really very sorry to be back again cause I know you're very busy with everything, but the original problem I had reported before seems to have come back again. I tried out all the methods given on the initial thread post but they didn't appear to help this certain problem.

Time of Incident: 10:54, Eastern Timezone.

Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C) (or Mozilla/4.0 to be exact)

Page You Were On: This is the original place where it started up again but it does the same thing in any reply boxes I try to access, whether that be reviewing, blogging and alike.

Describe What Happened: The prior problem I had posted in here about seems to be persisting again whereas I cannot go past a certain amount of characters before the reply box starts spazzing out on me. This time, though, the character count is working.

If you have time, could you possibly take a look at why its doing that? If not, I understand!

~Walker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

425 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:38 pm
Nate says...

Dreamwalker, I may be able to help but only if you would explain what the prior problem was.

Jenthura ->> Thank you. I'll try to find out what's going on.

489 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:07 pm
Dreamwalker says...

The reply boxes don't seem to work for me after a certain amount of characters are written. It will start sending me back to the top every time I type a letter. This only happens, though, after a good thousand or so characters are written.

I could explain it more if you need ^_^
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

425 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:10 pm
Nate says...

Yikes. That sounds quite annoying Dreamwalker. I'll try to figure out what's happening.

489 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:26 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Take your time! I usually write my reviews on word documents anyways so its rare that I have much of a problem with the jumping up to the top of the screen anyways. I just thought it would be best to notify in case anyone else was having the same troubles!

Thank you :D

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:57 am
onceuponatim3xo says...

Hey Nate, I seem to be having the same problem as JasmineBells. :(

Time of Incident (include your timezone): 10:40 PM (Eastern Time Zone)
Browser: Google Chrome
Page You Were On: Submit a General Short Story
Describe What Happened: The story showed up about two times. The first right after I posted it, the second after I edited it to put a rating on it. But then I realized that I had to edit it to fix the title because I wanted change the title. But then it took forever to load and when it finally did this came up:

Please help!
Thanks,
-Once
Attachments
ywserror.jpg
ywserror.jpg (38.46 KiB) Viewed 294 times
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
-Buddha

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:00 am
onceuponatim3xo says...

Wait, nevermind....it might have fixed itself over time. Can you check the link to make sure that it comes up for you?
Western Junction.
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
-Buddha

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:47 am
PenguinAttack says...

Time of Incident: Various times during the last two days (every time I've attempted since about Midday 2nd June.) UTC+10
Browser: Google Chrome
Page You Were On: Writerfeedpad
Describe What Happened: When I try and get into my WriterFeed Pad, it won't work.I get the message "Oops! Google Chrome could not find penguinattack.writerfeedpad.com:9000". When I've tried with other member pads, the same thing happens, only with their username substituted. I have just now been able to get into the general WriterFeed Pad by creating a new one, but before now I've not even been able to do that. This has been happening every so often for a month or so now? I've disregarded it as server capacities or the like because I've been able to get in after a few tries. Now it's a different story. I would have assumed it's just me, but it doesn't work on any of my browsers, Firefox or IE8.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.71 Safari/534.24
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

425 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:08 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Onceuponatim ->> Stuff like that is always going to be a short-lived thing, though it should happen only very rarely. What probably happened is that the server may have been undergoing heavy usage at the time and your request got held up for whatever reason.

Regarding WriterFeedPad ->> Next time any one gets a connection timeout or for some reason can't access WFP, I want them to send me an e-mail at yws.webmaster@gmail.com. Part of the problem is that I've just never been able to replicate the issue, and until I'm able to do that, I'm not going to be able to fix it. E-mails are sent directly to my phone so no matter where I am, I'll get it immediately.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:24 am
fireheartedkaratepup says...

Not only did WFP disconnect, it locked me out and wouldn't accept my yws username and password. But that's not what I'm here for.

I got a triple post from Shyblueishflower on WAIAC, then MissRocker's review didn't show up for a while. (I'd show you, but it's fixed now. Just thought I should mention it.)
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:10 pm
Kale says...

Time of Incident (include your timezone): 3PM EST
Browser: Firefox 4.0
Page You Were On: Reply page for this topic and this topic
Describe What Happened: I wrote up my reply in the Quick Reply box and hit submit. The page took forever to load, then I got a Cloudflare "Website Offline" error, which was strange because I could view other pages on the site just fine (and I thought you'd stopped using Cloudfire a while back?). I refreshed the page, and my post was not there.

So I hit the back button, copied my post, and tried submitting it through the Reply screen. When I tried hitting Submit, again, the page took a long time to load and I got the same Cloudflare error. Hitting the back button, I could use the Preview feature, so I tried submitting again. Again, Cloudflare error.

In the process, I lost my entire reply for the Vignettes thread, though I still have the text for the College Essay thread.

As of now, none of the posts have gone through, and I'm not sure if this one will either.

Screenshot of the error message:
YWSCloudflareWO.png
YWSCloudflareWO.png (28.23 KiB) Viewed 240 times
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

1504 Reviews

Reviews: 1504
Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:36 pm
IcyFlame says...

Time of incident: It's been constant ever since about a week ago
Page: My profile/ portfolio
On the 'dreams tell lies' folder, I can see all of the files when I try to organise my portfolio but when I click back onto the front page I can only see the old and new preface -.-
Yet on my 'view novel' page, I can see all the files so they're still there :S

562 Reviews

Reviews: 562
Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:40 pm
Button says...

I've been experiencing the same exact thing as Kyll, except all my posts show up about 50 minutes later or so. The points and reviews register, but they don't show in the forums or topic for a long time.

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held