z

Young Writers Society

YWS Re-Opens!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:03 pm
Rosendorn says...

When I click on any specific clusters, be it in the header or footer, I don't see any subforums.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Nate says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:When I click on any specific clusters, be it in the header or footer, I don't see any subforums.

They're hiding. You have to wear special decoder glasses.

425 Reviews

Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:11 am
Nate says...

I fixed the problem of the links taking you to the Not Found page. It's not that it was 50/50; the links only didn't work when going from the blogs page. This is because the blogs are their own directory within YWS, while everything else is not. But, it's working now.

Also, the random logging out as well as the blank e-mails should be fixed now. If anyone continues to have either of those two problems, please let me know.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:45 am
Evi says...

I think I broke something. D:

[quote]
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewforum.php on line 54: Undefined variable: forum_data
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewforum.php on line 54: Undefined variable: forum_data
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3920: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3271)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3922: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3271)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3923: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3271)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3924: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3271)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewforum.php on line 686: Undefined offset: 5
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewforum.php on line 686: Undefined offset: 5
[/quote]

>_>

Mm-hmm, that's appearing on the top of every page I click. The actually page loads and works fine-- except for this above the header.

Thanks! ^^

EDIT: And apparently BBCode is now off? Maybe this is just a temporary thing, though-- you fixing some little errors? I'm not sure.

EDIT 2: Ah, scratch the above comment. xD Everything seems to be working now.
Last edited by Evi on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:53 pm
bludragon525 says...

Hey Nate! How do you add friends??

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:00 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

bludragon525 wrote:Hey Nate! How do you add friends??

Roll over My YWS at the top of the page, click on My Profile Settings, then the Friends tab and there will be a box for you to write people's usernames in.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

558 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:14 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Nate wrote:I fixed the problem of the links taking you to the Not Found page. It's not that it was 50/50; the links only didn't work when going from the blogs page. This is because the blogs are their own directory within YWS, while everything else is not. But, it's working now.

Also, the random logging out as well as the blank e-mails should be fixed now. If anyone continues to have either of those two problems, please let me know.

I just got a blank email, and I'm pretty sure it's because my blog is set to send me emails if anyone comments, as that's when they seem to arrive. I just checked and I have got a very recent blog comment, so I assume that's why I got the blank email. SO I was meant to get an email, but it was supposed to have some writing in it. :P
Matt.

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

425 Reviews

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:54 am
Nate says...

Drat. I was hoping the blank e-mail problem was fixed...

In any case, I made some changes to how things are displayed. For IE users, Staff Picks works the same now as it does for everyone else. Also, reduced the height of rows when viewing the list of topics. I don't know about anyone else, but too much spacing gets visually confusing.

I've also been doing a lot of tweaks to the server. A lot of stuff should be running faster now, especially the Blogs page. I reduced loading times from 5+ seconds to a little over a second. On the front page, loading times are just above .4 seconds.

By the way, there is a noticeable difference between IE and Firefox when browsing YWS. On Firefox, YWS is much faster.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:41 am
Matt Bellamy says...

What about Sanctum, is it still about? I want to look for something to kill in the forest. ^_^ And whoops, I was going to advertise to see if anyone wants to join a usergroup I was going to make for Blinking Cursor, until I remembered that we can't make usergroups yet. Silly me! xD
Matt.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:50 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

Just something I've noticed: I don't really like the way the entire contents of a person's portfolio is listed before you get to the guestbook. It's nice that it gets their portfolio right out there in the open (so that we remember that all of these people are [i]writers[/i]) but it just looks weird. I can't say as I'm a big fan of the new profile layout...

Just my two cents.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:33 pm
Rosendorn says...

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out before, but I just want to add to it:

Whenever I click on a folder in any portfolio (I tried this with somebody else's, then mine), this error shows up under the folders:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND t.forum_id = f.forum_id AND t.topic_noappear != 1 ORDER BY t.top' at line 20 [1064]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com

It also seems to stretch the page, since I get a side scroll bar when that error shows up.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:16 pm
Cotton says...

Agreed with Rosey: I get the same thing. Other than that, everything is going really well for me: the chat is particularly great, it looks funky and the games are a very nice touch. ~*X*~

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:53 pm
Evi says...

Hmm...

Did you know that, when you go to the 'Community' drop-down menu and select 'General Discussions', the Lounge's sub-forums (Contests and Homework Help) and Randomness's sub-forum (Word Play) don't show up under the forum name? Which I guess means you can only access Contests, Homework Help, and Word Play from the 'All Community Forums' drop-down selecton as of now.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:33 pm
Rydia says...

Hmmm so I have 100 points but I can't post in the storybook section yet, is there a delay for the points to kick in or something? Thanks Nate xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:48 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:
Whenever I click on a folder in any portfolio (I tried this with somebody else's, then mine), this error shows up under the folders:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND t.forum_id = f.forum_id AND t.topic_noappear != 1 ORDER BY t.top' at line 20 [1064]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com

It also seems to stretch the page, since I get a side scroll bar when that error shows up.

I'm having this same problem.

Also, how can we get to our portfolio to organize it? I can't seem to find any way to do that...

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler