z

Young Writers Society

YWS Re-Opens!

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:47 am
Evi says...

I'm having the same problem as irishfire, where I have a somewhat-lengthy PM (a reply to someone else who PMed me successfully) and nothing's happening with any of the buttons I click. Neither 'preview', 'save', or 'send' do anything. And 'add' doesn't work either when I start from scratch, but when I reply directly to the PM I recieved the user's name is already added, I believe?

Anyway, no rush whatsoever-- thanks again. ^_^

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:06 am
View Likes
Nate says...

I'm very sorry everyone regarding the PMs; I should've checked browsers. As it turns out PMs were working fine on Firefox (which I use) but not on Internet Explorer. The problem is fixed now.

425 Reviews

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:40 am
Nate says...

The following issues have been fixed:

- Private Messages now work completely (smilies and all)
- Auto-formatting of fiction and poetry pages is once again enabled
- Spell check is back
- Custom titles are back
- Spoiler tags are back
- Chapter lists are back

If you notice any problems with any of the above 5, please let me know here. As before, you can only set a custom title once you have 250 posts.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:47 am
Incognito says...

I see how you noted how you fixed the custom titles. I feel like a ditz right now, but either it is not in the 'My YWS' section anymore, or I need further instructions to where to find it.

One thing I noticed is that I do not know where to edit the actually biography on my profile. For all I know, it is probably located right near to where you can edit the custom title. xD

~Incognito

425 Reviews

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:59 am
Nate says...

Incognito wrote:I see how you noted how you fixed the custom titles. I feel like a ditz right now, but either it is not in the 'My YWS' section anymore, or I need further instructions to where to find it.

One thing I noticed is that I do not know where to edit the actually biography on my profile. For all I know, it is probably located right near to where you can edit the custom title. xD

~Incognito

There was a slight issue with Custom Title, but you can now edit it from "My Profile Settings."

You can't edit biography yet. I'll see about doing that right now.

EDIT: That took a lot faster than I thought! You can edit your Biography now as well.

425 Reviews

Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:57 am
Nate says...

Also now working:
- Recent Literary Additions
- Submit Your Work
- About YWS
- Contact Us

Due to school, I won't be able to get much (if anything) done on August 27th. However, here's a list of the stuff I'll be working on in order of priority:

1. Review counts
2. Points
3. Reviews tab (read reviews of your work)
4. Knowledge Base
5. Moderator panel for usergroup mods
6. Leaderboards
7. Featured Member

Other stuff I'll be working on that isn't a priority (listed in no particular order):
- Squills page
- Word of the Week
- Quote of the Week
- Writing Resources page
- Make portfolios look nice
- Bring back the friends system like it was
- Add/edit featured topics
- More blog layouts
- Still some images with squares all over
- Fixing the auto-login
- Fix The Team page
- Bring back the orange PM alert
- Fix header for guests
- Links database

If you think I missed something, please let me know :)

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:33 pm
BigBadBear says...

This probably isn't the right place for this...

Could someone post a tutorial on how to do CCS codes for our blogs? I'm sure that a lot of people here, myself included, don't even know what a CCS code is. Could one of the admins or mods post one about how to customize the blogs? Thanks for whatever you can do.

-Jared

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:33 pm
Demeter says...

Thanks for everything! Your plan sounds great. Also, yay, custom titles! :D

Demeter
x

425 Reviews

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:33 pm
Nate says...

BigBadBear wrote:This probably isn't the right place for this...

Could someone post a tutorial on how to do CCS codes for our blogs? I'm sure that a lot of people here, myself included, don't even know what a CCS code is. Could one of the admins or mods post one about how to customize the blogs? Thanks for whatever you can do.

-Jared

Thank Snoink:
blog.php?u=372&b=35724

On a side note, expect editing your blog layout to get tons easier quite soon. I just have to fix all the old stuff first, then I'm getting around to adding new features. And some of the new features are going to make life quite good...

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:27 pm
Elinor says...

Are we going to be recievning points for the reviews and welcomes and such that we've been working on in the past few days?

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:36 am
bludragon525 says...

Hey Nate! Are you going to add a member list search? I just find it a little difficult to go through 44 pages to find someone I'm looking for.

425 Reviews

Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:16 am
Nate says...

bludragon525 wrote:Hey Nate! Are you going to add a member list search? I just find it a little difficult to go through 44 pages to find someone I'm looking for.

Not a bad idea! I definitely will, though it may be a couple weeks.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:29 am
bludragon525 says...

Thanks Nate!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:23 pm
Rosendorn says...

Randomly, the links in the header will give me a "Not Found" message. Reason I say "randomly" is because the split seems to be 50/50 as to the links working/not working. This mostly happens if I click on any specific clusters, such as "poetry" in the Read/Write tab, "My Groups" and "Writers Corner." I can access (almost) everything perfectly from the footer, however. The only thing I can't is "My Groups" but that tends to be the one I have the least amount of problems with.

This is just a suggestion, but maybe make it so we can tell if a subforum has new posts? At the moment, it just looks like main forums have new posts which makes it confusing. I need to keep checking which subforums have any new posts.

Also, thank you for putting spell check in blogs!
Last edited by Rosendorn on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:32 pm
StellaThomas says...

I'm having the same problem as Rosey, about 50/50 whenever I click on, say, Stories and Articles, half the time it comes up and half the time I get a 404 Not Found... it's the specific things, it would seem, the Literary Forums as a whole come up perfectly, it's when I try to go to a specific cluster... I actually hadn't noticed the footer until now, ooh! *uses to navigate away*

Just wanted to mention Rosey's not the only one with whatever that weird thing going on there is.

Powerful men have a way of avoiding consequences.
— Dr. Harrison Wells, The Flash