z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:41 am
Jenthura says...

lilymoore wrote:I don't know if we've stopped using the Poetry/Short Story Databases now or what the deal is with that but I tried to get to several different Emily Dickinson poems and got this error message:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /_config-rating.php on line 27: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'admin_young19'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Error connecting to mysql

Of course the fact that this is supposed to be British Literature and we're studying Dickenson is actually more problematic to me than anything else but oh well.

If it helps at all, I'm on Internet Explorer.

I'm getting that EXACT same error message!
-ж-Ж-ж-

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:24 pm
borntobeawriter says...

For some reason, but maybe I'm the only one, but when I tried to 'like' the YWS yearbook and Nate's YWSLJ thread, it gives me a blank, and doesn't proceed at all. I've tried several times in the past few days.

Tanya

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:53 pm
lilymoore says...

borntobeawriter wrote:For some reason, but maybe I'm the only one, but when I tried to 'like' the YWS yearbook and Nate's YWSLJ thread, it gives me a blank, and doesn't proceed at all. I've tried several times in the past few days.

Same here. Odd.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:52 pm
Ruth says...

On discussions in the Christian Writers club, when a post is submitted, another blank one appears below it. Maybe it's my laptop, but I can't seem to remove them. It's been happening in this thread, and that's the only place I've noticed it so far.
"Ruth.
She's alive because she is not dead,
and junk."
~JoJo

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:24 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

To expand on what Cheesy said, when you click "go to last post" in the Discussions tab on any particular thread, if you then try and go to a previous page in the topic, it just refreshes the last page and doesn't move. Not a big deal, but it's kind of inconvenient. :T
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:27 am
Renn says...

I've had this exact same problem and stupidly I wasted 400 points on it. I really want to post my next chapter too and yet we can't. It obviously hasn't been fixed, so please do so? :(
'Evil exists in all of us Torak. Some fight it. Some feed it. That is how it has always been.'

"There is always a choice," said Torak, and he backed off the cliff.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:39 am
Nate says...

Renn, what you're referring to and what Knightley and Big_Cheesy_Grin are referring to are two completely different things. However, you've already PMmed and I've already responded. Please refer to that private message rather than filing a duplicate report.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:21 pm
Ruth says...

I'm now also having trouble posting in Discussions - both in existing threads and creating new ones.

EDIT: To elaborate, when I try to do this, the highlight on the Discussions tab goes from this:
002.JPG
002.JPG (10.85 KiB) Viewed 192 times

to this:
001.JPG
001.JPG (18.09 KiB) Viewed 192 times
Last edited by Ruth on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ruth.
She's alive because she is not dead,
and junk."
~JoJo

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:54 pm
seeminglymeaningless says...

Time of Incident (include your timezone): UTC/GMT +10 hours (Eastern Standard Time EST) - Australia, QLD

Browser: Mozilla Firefox

Page You Were On: Random pages, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Describe What Happened: I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I've found on occasion the "Quote" button is missing from posts, so I can't press Quote as a means of replying. Certainly not a big issue, ctrl+c ctrl+p isn't a hard task for me to perform in the cases when the Quote button doesn't appear, just wondering why it's happening. Is it to stop people quoting entire works and then saying, "I liked this" and it counting as a review? Or is it my browser just not loading some functions?

Cheers, Jai
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:00 am
Kale says...

Everything is explained here, Jai.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:06 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

Thanks Kyllorac, I missed that update. Great idea, really. A big inconvenience to people who abuse it, and only a small inconvenience to people who genuinely use the feature for line-by-line reviews.

- Jai
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:27 am
Lauren2010 says...

Don't know if this is considered a bug or not, but every once and a while YWS times out when I'm trying to load a page. I get a generic notice that says the website has timed out, and gives suggestions as well as a "try again" button. When I click the "try again" button it seems to go through as usual and loads the page. I use mozilla firefox; I don't know if this may be browser-specific or if it's just crappy college internet connections but I thought it was worth a mention.
Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:23 am
Nate says...

Lauren2010 wrote:Don't know if this is considered a bug or not, but every once and a while YWS times out when I'm trying to load a page. I get a generic notice that says the website has timed out, and gives suggestions as well as a "try again" button. When I click the "try again" button it seems to go through as usual and loads the page. I use mozilla firefox; I don't know if this may be browser-specific or if it's just crappy college internet connections but I thought it was worth a mention.

Sometimes, it could be because I'm doing something on the backend. Last night, I was doing a lot of database work which even forced me to take the site down for a little more than an hour.

The next time it happens, mark down the exact time. That'll help me figure out if it's just your internet connection or something else.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:08 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Happened again.

Time of Incident (include your timezone): 1:01pm UTC - 5 Eastern Standard Time Ohio, USA

Browser: Mozilla Firefox

Page You Were On: YWS Over The Years, though it has happened while trying to open several different pages

Describe What Happened: the connection timed out. This is the screen I get:
time out.png
time out.png (16.85 KiB) Viewed 158 times
Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:25 pm
Nate says...

Lauren, as far as I can tell, there was nothing going on at YWS' end to throw out that error. So, it's probably just due to the internet connection at your college.

Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy