z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:58 pm
Sins says...

Jenthura wrote:... "View more smilies". This link no longer works for me.

Upon clicking it, a new window will open, showing all the little smilies in their fun. Before, I could click the smiley and it would pop up on the text box right here. Now, though, it just doesn't work.
I tried dragging on of them into the text box, but that only achieves this: posting.php?mode=smilies&f=323#

The exact same thing happens to me actually.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:14 pm
LastPaladin says...

Skins wrote:
Jenthura wrote:... "View more smilies". This link no longer works for me.

Upon clicking it, a new window will open, showing all the little smilies in their fun. Before, I could click the smiley and it would pop up on the text box right here. Now, though, it just doesn't work.
I tried dragging on of them into the text box, but that only achieves this: posting.php?mode=smilies&f=323#

The exact same thing happens to me actually.

Ditto.

:(
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:57 pm
Jagged says...

Strangely enough, selecting/highlighting several of those smileys at once and then dragging them gives me the appropriate codes, even when doing so with individual ones gives me the same thing as you guys.

(also, not the most efficient way to do this, but right-click > View Image Info -> Associated Text gives the proper code.)
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:48 pm
Kale says...

Spoiler! :
I've done two reviews, one today and one last night, and while my review count goes up, I'm not getting any points.

These are the reviews:
post788654.html#p788654
post788551.html#p788551

Browsers used: Firefox and IE

Never mind. I forgot I posted a new work. >.>
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:43 am
Jenthura says...

Jagged wrote:Strangely enough, selecting/highlighting several of those smileys at once and then dragging them gives me the appropriate codes, even when doing so with individual ones gives me the same thing as you guys.

(also, not the most efficient way to do this, but right-click > View Image Info -> Associated Text gives the proper code.)

Ah, I see. Well, if it gives me the associated text, then I can memorize those smilies that I wish to use most often. However, dragging multiple smilies doesn't seem to work for me, I either get the same URL or a blank space.
Hold on a second...My right-click tab doesn't have 'View Image Info'. I have 'Inspect Element' though, but it doesn't work.
My browser is Google Chrome.
-ж-Ж-ж-

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:39 am
LookUpThere says...

Everybody missed my birthday!

Now, that's partially my fault. I didn't set my birth date or month, just the year - 96. However, when I leave it on just the year, it displays Nov. 30 1995 which is 355 days too early. Ah well.

Real Birthday: 20 Nov 1996
Wrong B-Day: 30 Nov 1995
Browser: Opera 10.00
Place of Occurence: UCP?

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:18 pm
Dynamo says...

I just had a little issue with one of the clubs a few minutes ago. When I posted something in one of the club threads the site format suddenly got out of whack, and five empty posts were created after the one I made. Refreshing the page fixed the site format, and all I had to do was remove the empty posts, but it's still something that might be worth looking into just so it doesn't create any major errors in the future.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:16 pm
View Likes
seeminglymeaningless says...

Hey guys :)

Time of Incident: Last night, Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:30 pm, Australia
Browser: Firefox
Page You Were On: Link
Describe What Happened: Posted a review, and the formatting basically broke, leaving the post in different font sizes and some of the last of the review posted in the margin of the page where my avatar should have been. My avatar was relocated at the bottom of the page in what seems like another post. I've seen this occur before, but I'm not sure if it can be fixed, as I tried editing my post, but nothing changes it.

Thanks,
Jai
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

1220 Reviews

Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:57 am
Kale says...

Code: Select all
[quote][b]ODIN[/b]
No. That I cannot allow. Your interests rest far
too deep in this matter. Anyone else?[/center][/quote]

The problem seems to be that you've got a closing center tag without an opening one. Try deleting that extra tag.
WRFF | KotGR

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:26 am
Dynamo says...

The issue I brought up a few posts ago is still persisting, which means it's an error somewhere in the programing and not just a coding hiccup.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:28 am
Jagged says...

Just posted new poem, and the Like counter is already up to three. Not that I don't appreciate it, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be like that. Did a forced refresh, didn't change anything. Checked it a couple times since it happened, still the same. Shows on both Firefox and Explorer.

im flattered yws really i am.jpg
im flattered yws really i am.jpg (27.05 KiB) Viewed 356 times
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:21 pm
Sins says...

Angelheart is having trouble posting things. She says that she's tried submitting her writing, but it never shows up. She's also mentioned that even though it doesn't show up, her points still get taken from her.I've checked out her portfolio, but there's nothing there, yet she seems to have at least tried posting things. Here's one of the conversations I've had with her:

Spoiler! :
Angelheart: not really i submited two work peices but they never showed up
Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Skins: That's odd... Try submitting something again.
Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:24 pm • Remove

Angelheart: i did it takes my point but it never shows up
Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Skins: Hmm... Try contacting Nate about it. If you tell him that you can't submit anything, he should be able to help you out.
Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:13 pm • Remove

Angelheart: i have four times now it just says error
Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Angelheart: i just tried nad it wont work?
Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:08 pm

Skins: Do you want me to ask someone about it?
Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:59 pm • Remove

Angelheart: can u you cause i dont know who to ask and its on every comp i try
Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:14 pm

She seems rather hesitant to ask anyone about it herself, so I'm doing it for her. I obviously don't know all of the details, and she might just be doing something wrong while posting her work, but I thought I'd bring it up.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:05 pm
Tigersprite says...

Jagged wrote:Just posted new poem, and the Like counter is already up to three. Not that I don't appreciate it, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be like that. Did a forced refresh, didn't change anything. Checked it a couple times since it happened, still the same. Shows on both Firefox and Explorer.

Come to think of it, a similar thing happened when I posted my Storybook. As I submitted it and the page reloaded, there were already two likes there. Yet there was only one view, which was obviously mine.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:43 pm
ultraviolet says...

So, I have a couple of things.

My first is kinda like Jagged's; I posted a writing a couple weeks ago (http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic72480.html) and almost right away it said that I had 19 *likes*, but only half a dozen people had viewed it. I thought it was a glitch or something, and didn't think anything of it, but I'm looking at it again and it still says the same thing.

And second, I have my time zone set to the correct one (Central Standard, USA) but all posts and things on the site are an hour ahead. I suppose I could just change my time zone an hour behind, but I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

1220 Reviews

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:34 pm
Kale says...

And second, I have my time zone set to the correct one (Central Standard, USA) but all posts and things on the site are an hour ahead. I suppose I could just change my time zone an hour behind, but I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else.

DST. :P

Go into Edit Preferences, scroll down until "Summer Time/DST is in effect" and select "No".

---

And now, for a report of my own.

Browser used: Firefox

Reply posting in the Clubs is very buggy. BBCode does not work, and including a link breaks the reply; everything after the link is cut off. Paragraphing also doesn't work (though I'm not sure if that's intentional).
WRFF | KotGR

Look, a good poem is a poem that exists. Any poem you write is better than the poem you don't.
— WeepingWisteria