z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:55 am
Kale says...

Finally managed to get in. Had to clear all YWS-related cookies and then log in, hit the logout button on the log-in redirect screen, and then log in again.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:13 am
View Likes
HomelessPorcupine says...

Time of Incident (include your timezone): Multiple times from 7-8 pm Mountain Time
Browser: Google Chrome
Page You Were On: Log-In page
Describe What Happened: I type in my user name and password, then hit enter. The log-in redirecting page comes up and then suddenly, it logs me off. I have tried this multiple times and have failed each attempt. It works completely fine on Firefox, but I would prefer not to use it as it has been going pretty slowly lately.
"I can't afford a teddy bear, so I sleep with this contact solution."

Taran: He will not succeed in this. Somehow, we must find a way to escape. We dare not lose hope.

Fflewddur: I agree absolutely, your general idea is excellent; it's only the details that are lacking.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:15 am
Elinor says...

The same thing was happening to me. My browser is Firefox--and I just cleared all my cookies and now I can log in again.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:58 am
Nate says...

Sorry for all the problems everyone, and everything should be good now! I was testing out Amazon's content delivery network for YWS, and that caused some errors. End up getting rid of it, though, because it actually slightly increased page loading times.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:23 am
Bloo says...

When you go to your Feed, you can post blank replies. Like you can type nothing and it will post it. The post won't be shown, once you refresh, but the base message will say "X Replies", counting the invisible one.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:17 pm
Rosendorn says...

The site keeps going offline for me. I get a message from ClourFlare saying the site's offline, and it's been happening at least once a day for a minute or two the past three days.

EDIT- And I now cannot log into Chat. It loads, then says to enter my username and password. When I do, it tells me both are incorrect.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1272 Reviews

Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:19 pm
Rosendorn says...

I tried clicking on pages in the Page Discovery section, and got this error:

Code: Select all
Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home/ywsfred/public_html/page.php on line 432

The two I got this error for were "God as more followers" and "Spongebob Squarepants!" (the last only clicked to test this out).

And just to bring it up again, Chat still hates me. I have tried various different ways of spelling my username (including rosey unicorn, Rosey_Unicorn, and the usual Rosey Unicorn) and two passwords. Still saying both are incorrect.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:15 pm
Lava says...

I'm unable to access Skins' profile or Rosey's. However, Kyloorac's, Bolt's work.

EDIT- Nate's doesn't show up either.

"
Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromgif() in /home/ywsfred/public_html/profile.php on line 825
"
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:29 pm
Jagged says...

Same problem as Lava, except I can't get to the profiles of anyone (that I've tried, at least, including my own), and number in the error is 823, not 825:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home/ywsfred/public_html/profile.php on line 823

ETA: And now I'm getting the 825 on opening my own profile, though it's still 823 on other people's.
Last edited by Jagged on Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:42 pm
Kamas says...

Same. (I use Chrome) And I can't access my own profile either:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home/ywsfred/public_html/profile.php on line 823
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:38 pm
Gladius says...

Time of Incident: Various times, but all within the last two to four days
Browser: Chrome
Page You Were On: Private Messages/PM history
Describe What Happened: Two PMs that I've sent (or assume I sent, which I'm pretty sure I did because I distinctly remember seeing the "Message Sent Successfully" page) have not shown up. Period. In either my history or the recipient's. And I distinctly remember what I said in the message, and the message sent screen, so I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining that I sent it. Yet other messages I've sent are fine. >.> D:
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:58 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

Lava wrote:I'm unable to access Skins' profile or Rosey's. However, Kyloorac's, Bolt's work.

Oh, no, that's just me avoiding you. ;) :lol:

I've actually had the same problem as Rosey previously mentioned. I keep getting messages from CloudFlare saying the site's offline every few times I try to access it. I get it to work eventually, but it's annoying. I thought it was just my computer or because of where I live, but obviously not. I use Google Chrome, by the way, if that helps.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:17 pm
Nate says...

Skins ->> CloudFlare has been turned off for four days now. I highly doubt you've gotten any CloudFlare messages lately. If so, it's a problem with your Internet Service Provider.

Gladius ->> Firstly, thanks for following the bug template! That's very helpful.

However, I need you to clarify something. When you say the recipient's history, do you mean that you talked to the person and they said they never received it? Also, can you let me know who the recipients were? That'll help me in tracking down the issue.

1272 Reviews

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:21 am
Rosendorn says...

Nate wrote:However, I need you to clarify something. When you say the recipient's history, do you mean that you talked to the person and they said they never received it? Also, can you let me know who the recipients were? That'll help me in tracking down the issue.

I can fill this in, as the recipient is me. :P

I never received the PM, nor did it show up in the message history under the PM as being sent.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:33 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

Time of Incident (include your timezone): Don't know exactly when it happened, but it's still happening now. Standard Eastern Time, Australia.
Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Page You Were On: Leaderboards
Describe What Happened: Well, might sound pathetic of me, but I was at the top of the leaderboard with 80 reviews for this month. My stats say, "You did 39 reviews last month. You have done 80 reviews this month, including 30 reviews in the past seven days", so I still have 80 reviews to my name this month, yet on the leaderboards my position is third with only 47 reviews.

Unless the YWS months are different to normal months, then I think this may be a bug that seems to have only affected me (seeing as Persephoneia and Abigail_W still have their review counts).

Anyway, that's what I've noticed. Kinda sad that my reviews don't count as reviews (or whatever has happened).

- Jai

Here's a screen shot of the page the day that I noticed it happened. I thought that maybe it'd be fixed the next time I came online, so I didn't report it then.

Spoiler! :
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

To be a master of metaphor is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius.
— Aristotle, Poetics