z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:18 am
Nate says...

@221B, I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but I've gone ahead and set your work to published status. If you prefer to leave it unpublished for now, let me know.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:14 pm
Gardevite says...

Hey Nate, just wondering, is there anyway that people who come to the website via smartphone, iPod etc. Can access the chat bar? I only ask because 99% of the time when I'm on YWS I'm on my android and I feel bad when people try to talk to me, but I never find out until I get on a laptop. :(
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:47 am
OverEasy says...

Hi Nate!

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I have just noticed when I went to comment on a blog entry that I cannot access any of them at all. I am not sure if this is happening to others or if it is a server issue on my end. Whenever you have a chance if you could look into it :)

Please and thank you :)

--T
Life is for living.

425 Reviews

Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:53 am
Nate says...

Uh-oh. I see what you mean Tiff. I'll go ahead and see what the problem is.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:00 am
Iggy says...

Nate, I feel so undeniably grateful for all you do for YWS. There just seems to be bug after bug after bug.. I think I'd go insane.

Anyways, here's a list of things wrong (I'm on my iPhone but I doubt it's just me, I think it's a bug)
- auto save isn't working
- can't comment on a review/wall status
- can't like a status/topic
- home page hasn't changed at all. It keeps the same new posts up with the same time (most recent is 6 minutes ago, which was at 9 this morning)
- and the Gen. Lit. Crew had trouble deleting a duplicate review

I figure this has to do with the server being down yesterday so you could apply changes. Just giving you a list of what I've been seeing. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:10 am
View Likes
OverEasy says...

Thanks Nate! You work so hard for all of us on this site :) it's appreciated.
Life is for living.

425 Reviews

Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:14 am
View Likes
Nate says...

This was a huge mistake on my part! I've been syncing all the files on the YWS server with the ones of my desktop today, and apparently one of the tools I used for whatever reason wiped out all the code in a lot of files. Not sure yet how that happened, but fortunately I have two recent backups from the past week so I can just restore from there.

My apologies for the mistake, and everything should be okay now. Give it about 15 minutes though before everything is back up to speed.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:04 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Hey! I know the links forum isn't well-traveled yet, so this was probably not noticed, but I tried to leave a comment on niteowl's link and it ended up talkin' to me like I was trying to post a new link. It says,

"No link provided
Your message contains too few characters."

:)
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

425 Reviews

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Nate says...

Yikes. I'll have to take a look at that. Thanks Hannah.

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:52 am
Blackwood says...

This has probably been raised already but it seems that indenting in the publishing center doesn't work.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

425 Reviews

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:48 pm
Nate says...

The indenting doesn't work on purpose -- for all intents and purposes, it's impossible. The problem is that when you paste text into a browser, any excess whitespace (tabs for example) are stripped from the text.

With some WYSIWYG editors, indents may survive the pasting process. But this is inconsistent across browsers, and it's even inconsistent when it's supposed to work. That is, the indents may be preserved for all but a few random paragraphs. In the past, YWS did indent all paragraphs, but it only did so by indenting all paragraphs, whether you wanted to or not.

So, not a bug, but rather a technical limitation. A couple literary sites do preserve the indents, but most don't as preserving the indents leads to inconsistent behavior.

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 am
Dreamy says...

The chat is not working on the cell phones (not iphone, just the normal mobile version), not the private chat but the chat room. I can't log in, even if I do log in, it's not opening in my cell phone.It just says welcome for hours and nothing else.It happens all the time.
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:27 pm
Lumi says...

Aesthetic bug.

W7, Chrome, both updated properly.

The New Post Page incorrectly displays a lack of members in the chat room.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:59 pm
Cole says...

Hey Nate, I would hate to seem like I'm nagging you (even though I know that's exactly what I'm doing), but can the formatting in the Publishing Center (i.e. double-spacing between lines, and such) be fixed, or should I just get used to it? I'm more than willing to do that, by the way, since I know you're so busy and it really isn't that big of a deal. I was just wanting to know since Review Day is coming up and I was going to post some things.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:13 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

Cole, this question has been asked a bunch of times before on this thread, and the answer is always that Nate is working on it -- because he still is! :D If you subscribe to the YWS Apollo Updates thread, you can always see when Nate updates with what he's working on. In fact, you can see from the post here that Nate's planning to overhaul that entire section once more. So hold out just a little longer, please. :) Also, if you know anything about HTML formatting, you can try to go in and edit line breaks, etc. into your work by clicking the </> on the very far left side of the editor bar!
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio